2022 Michigan Football

Deleterious

38 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

After the delay, people were practically giving their tickets away like candy. I picked one up, will go for a little bit until I get bored.

I gather at MSU the cafeteria has breakfast until 3pm on weekends.  Because the students are busy drinking like stevedores.

I had to turn the sound off............these TV announcers are absolutely horrible.   She is WAY too forced and it's phony and grating, like a dentist drill hitting a weak spot.  And Jake Butt sounds like he's got cliche cue cards.     Devin Gardner was much better doing the Lions preseason, he should be on this network. 

Edited by Motor City Sonics
  • Like 1

Just now, Motor City Sonics said:

I had to turn the sound off............these TV announcers are absolutely horrible.   She is WAY too forced and it's phony and Jake Butt sounds like he's got cliche cue cards.     Devin Gardner was much better doing the Lions preseason, he should be on this network. 

I am a fan of Devin Gardner. 

15 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Have to wonder if Harbaugh knew what the outcome of this little experiment would be, but thought he needed to do this for JJ to “earn” the job from the guy that just won us a B1G Championship.

You have to go with JJ based on tonight.   Wow. 

16 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Have to wonder if Harbaugh knew what the outcome of this little experiment would be, but thought he needed to do this for JJ to “earn” the job from the guy that just won us a B1G Championship.

inverting of the old school "you have to win your job in practice" and coming up with, "you have to lose your job on the field"?  

I can see the value of the psychology in that for the rest of the team once you assume that the loser is going to leave the program anyway. Otherwise you might be concerned for the loser to have the battle play out in front of the fans.

I was less than impressed with the accuracy of some of his throws - of the 1st two TD's (don't remember the order), one was thrown over his receivers wrong shoulder, which didn't matter because he was 15 yds open, and the other did not lead enough away from the defender. Against a better secondary both of those plays might have failed. 

But those nits picked, JJ plays *fast*, and you can't teach that. The one 10yd TD on the pass over the middle in traffic was a thing of beauty - a Matthew Staffordesque delivery.