2022 Michigan Football

Deleterious

I was saying to myself earlier in the day that Minnesota could win the Big Ten West this year, but Minnesota will look good and then a big game like this comes along and they poop the bed.     But this time it looks like Sparty had diarrhea.  But 34-7 at home..........shut out until the last 17 seconds.............Wow, that's bad

4 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Minnesota should cruise into the B1G Championship Game.

LOL.   Nobody in the west is cruising to anything.  I am guessing will be convoluted.   I still think Wisco finds their way in.  Minnesota will blow the Wisconsin or the Iowa game - like they always do.  I am rooting for Minnesota, though. 

The ugly Wisconsin loss ain't so ugly now because Washington State might actually be good and it was not a conference game, so it didn't really hurt them. 

i think some of you forgot what its like to play a functional opponent.  understandable considering michigan's shameful ooc.

no edwards, no all, no hill-greene.  those are three big absences, especially hill-greene.

jj was missing the deep ball for most of the day, but the oline looked solid and corum was corum.  the short and intermediate stuff was there all day.  jones didnt get beat for a sack and jj didnt have a lot of pressure so that's a good sign.

the defense looked like what we thought they would look like: different on the edges and with no depth at linebacker.  and that's what they are.

tua jr can run, so they didnt want to go tearing off the edge and let him bust the pocket, you want to constrict the pocket and play responsible.  and they did that.  once the backup came in you saw them insert the pure pass rushers and they got more pressure.

the linebackers other than colston were a problem.  barrett is too small and mullings doesnt know what he's doing.  they need hill-greene back asap.  

on the flip side, the secondary looked good and sainristil is looking like a good slot corner.  they went after gemon green and he held up pretty well.  maryland has legit nfl draft talent at wr and michigan contained them for the most part all day.

maryland played well.  no penalties, but in the end tua jr is tua jr.  he's going to throw something stupid up for grabs and get picked, which he eventually did.

i know we expect michigan to win every game by 3 tds or else they suck, but other than jj missing too many deep passes, i thought they played ok.  and they won.  that's all that matters.

On 9/25/2022 at 11:29 AM, buddha said:

i think some of you forgot what its like to play a functional opponent.  understandable considering michigan's shameful ooc.

no edwards, no all, no hill-greene.  those are three big absences, especially hill-greene.

jj was missing the deep ball for most of the day, but the oline looked solid and corum was corum.  the short and intermediate stuff was there all day.  jones didnt get beat for a sack and jj didnt have a lot of pressure so that's a good sign.

the defense looked like what we thought they would look like: different on the edges and with no depth at linebacker.  and that's what they are.

tua jr can run, so they didnt want to go tearing off the edge and let him bust the pocket, you want to constrict the pocket and play responsible.  and they did that.  once the backup came in you saw them insert the pure pass rushers and they got more pressure.

the linebackers other than colston were a problem.  barrett is too small and mullings doesnt know what he's doing.  they need hill-greene back asap.  

on the flip side, the secondary looked good and sainristil is looking like a good slot corner.  they went after gemon green and he held up pretty well.  maryland has legit nfl draft talent at wr and michigan contained them for the most part all day.

maryland played well.  no penalties, but in the end tua jr is tua jr.  he's going to throw something stupid up for grabs and get picked, which he eventually did.

i know we expect michigan to win every game by 3 tds or else they suck, but other than jj missing too many deep passes, i thought they played ok.  and they won.  that's all that matters.

Pretty fair analysis.   So long as JJ and the coaches realize they left points on the field and know what to fix.   I understand there were plays they didn't do (this is Sam Webb and Devin Gardner pointing this out to me) that they tried no RPOs or reverse or sweeps.   

1 hour ago, romad1 said:

Pretty fair analysis.   So long as JJ and the coaches realize they left points on the field and know what to fix.   I understand there were plays they didn't do (this is Sam Webb and Devin Gardner pointing this out to me) that they tried no RPOs or reverse or sweeps.   

devin does a good job of that.  

On 9/25/2022 at 11:29 AM, buddha said:

JJ needs to learn it's not admitting defeat to take what the defense gives you, because what Maryland did was provide a blueprint for beating JJ.  We'll be seeing a lot less man-to-man & a lot more zone going forward I'm sure.  I do think they have to figure out this play-calling thing too.  It's got to be 1 or the other.

8 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

And Iowa's offense probably has a combined 2 TDs in those games. Seriously though, Michigan shouldn't lose this one because Iowa has one of the worst offenses in the country.

its iowa.  they'll get a special teams td, a defensive td, and two safeties.  win 18-17.

8 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

If you are PJ Fleck and you do cruise into the Big Ten Championship do you jump ship when bigger offers come calling at season's end or stay and try to build in Minnesota?

depends on the job.

what big program has an opening?  i dont see one coming.  i wouldnt leave for auburn or nebraska.

On 9/30/2022 at 8:31 AM, buddha said:

i thought he'd be a good fit at michigan or notre dame, but i dont think harbaugh is leaving any time soon and notre dame made their bed with freeman.

although the way notre dame is recruiting and michigan isnt, those situations might change in the near future...

ND also has all that Vatican money.  

• Haha 1