2022 Michigan Football

Deleterious

Start to finish, a dominating performance by Michigan and Harbaugh. If they can keep running the football and controlling the line of scrimmage like they are now, they'll give themselves a real shot at beating Ohio State again and getting back into the playoffs. I finally feel confident about the overall direction of this program.

2 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Start to finish, a dominating performance by Michigan and Harbaugh. If they can keep running the football and controlling the line of scrimmage like they are now, they'll give themselves a real shot at beating Ohio State again and getting back into the playoffs. I finally feel confident about the overall direction of this program.

This is probably a better one to save.  

31 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Quoting for next week

They're on bye next week 😉

If the rest of the B1G wasn't an absolute dumpster fire though, I'd probably agree with you. MSU at home, Rutgers away, Nebraska at home, and Illinois at home. Even with a let down performance against one of them there is no reason they shouldn't go 4-0.

3 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

(dont check the recruiting class)

Does Michigan jump Alabama?    Probably.  I mean they totally dominated PSU today.  If not for a couple of mistakes, they could have won that game 50-7.

Does Tennessee jump into the Top 4?  They probably should........USC will have something to say. 

If USC makes a statement tonight it could be difficult for Alabama to get back into the Top 4. 

How awesome would it be if Alabama was NOT in the playoff?  

Illinois has arrived.  6-1 now, looks to be in control of the West.  Bielema is a Coach Of The Year candidate if they go 9-3 or better.  If they go 3-2 the rest of the way they are there.  They have Nebraska, Michigan State, Purdue, Michigan and Northwestern..........They could easily end up 9-3.    Purdue & Illinois - the Battle For The West?    Nebraska is 2-1, if they end up winning the west, why would they replace Mickey Joseph?    

The Clemson game is huge for USC, Tennessee & TCU.  Syracuse is headed for the Top 15.  

The celebration at Tennessee is pretty funny. They are removing the uprights from the stadium (or they are trying to).   Just let them.   They have a game next week at home.......They have backup uprights, don't they?   What a night it's gonna be in Knoxville.  

I think it would be awesome if the USC/UCLA game was like the old days and meant everything.  

Edited by Motor City Sonics

At the end of the day our coaching, conditioning, heck maybe even our brand is looking good.   We should get Jayden Davis.   Imagine how dark things were.  That Ben Mathis Lilley book is really good by the way... perfectly captures the BPONE of early 2021. 

Just now, romad1 said:

At the end of the day our coaching, conditioning, heck maybe even our brand is looking good.   We should get Jayden Davis.   Imagine how dark things were.  That Ben Mathis Lilley book is really good by the way... perfectly captures the BPONE of early 2021. 

https://www.amazon.com/Hot-Seat-Outrage-Occasional-Football/dp/1541700333/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=ben+mathis-lilley&qid=1665885160&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIxLjAzIiwicXNhIjoiMS4wOCIsInFzcCI6IjEuMTEifQ%3D%3D&sprefix=ben+math%2Caps%2C68&sr=8-1

2 hours ago, buddha said:

michigan has yet to build in recruiting off their season last year.  their recruiting this year is awful.  why?  nil and their refusal to use it.

I think it's more likely than not that the ADept has any number of plans waiting for Administrative review/approval. I don't imagine Mary Sue was willing to commit the U to anything on NIL policy as an interim Pres. Ono officially started yesterday - if the U is going to have a policy, the clock on the decision started yesterday. While it's possible that it's been Harbaugh refusing to 'get with reality' I would put my money on it being more likely that it's been institutional paralysis since Schlissel's unceremonious firing. Harbaugh tends to be all in for the players on most issues - his early support of the portal as an example. Not claiming any insight but just from observation I wouldn't think he has a problem with the players getting a bigger piece of the pie  - at least in principle.

Edited by gehringer_2

5 minutes ago, romad1 said:

This guy is pretty delusional

But to quote Ronnie Cox in Total Recall:  "I haven't given you enough information to think"

They still haven't shown a lot of talent going over the safeties' heads, but it was also not a very good day to be throwing the ball long in A^2. And interestingly enough, Harbaugh saying Monday that JJ had to run more was not a just a media feint, he did run it more to good effect.

Edited by gehringer_2

4 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

They still haven't shown a lot of talent going over the safeties' heads, but it was also not a very good day to be throwing the ball long in A^2. And interestingly enough, Harbaugh saying Monday that JJ had to run more was not a just a media feint, he did run it more to good effect.

Being able to smash a top run defense on 2 of the last 3 weeks was pretty fantastic.