Where Do Things End With Vlad? (h/t romad1)

chasfh

2 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

He...

Gave an incorrect answer on how to build more Russian jets without using western sanctioned technology and therefore he was required to...

take "the plunge".

That is tragic to witness, those kids are going to get just fucking massacred.  Dead within a month.  My command of the Russian variant of the Cyrillic alphabet is a bit shaky but I think that the lettering on that gray hoodie says "Army of Russia", a particularly cruel irony.  If Orwell were alive today he could have written and directed that video clip.

9 minutes ago, Jim Cowan said:

That is tragic to witness, those kids are going to get just fucking massacred.  Dead within a month.  My command of the Russian variant of the Cyrillic alphabet is a bit shaky but I think that the lettering on that gray hoodie says "Army of Russia", a particularly cruel irony.  If Orwell were alive today he could have written and directed that video clip.

Putin's complete lack of command of military strategy and operations has been quite the revelation. The last thing an army that can't do logistics for the soldiers it has is....more soldiers to do logistics for. He demonstrates no useful insight into how and why his army is losing. 

Good.

19 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I won't write off Putin until he's out for good. How many times have we prematurely danced on Trump's grave?

one of the takes I've seen today is that Putin is getting pressure from both the dove and hawk side, but sees the threat from hawk side as more politically dangerous, thus a mobilization despite the Russian Army infrastructure likely being incapable of effectively using it.

58 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

He's also buying himself some time as...

The mobilization, and training/ equipping/ etc... will take several months... 

I don't think they can whip together battalions all that quickly at this point...

the Russian system is just not well thought out. The system of training new cadres inside operational units is always going to fall apart once those units are deployed and under stress. 

2 minutes ago, romad1 said:

So, once the referendum and all this other theater is concluded.  He may threaten nuclear weapons for attacks on Russian territory or formal declaration of war.  Whichever...screw him.

Maybe he'll throw in martial law to deal with unruly recruits as well. So much for "Special operation - nothing to see here...."

54 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Still waiting anxiously for the Kherson breakthrough...

Wait a little longer.  This has become VVP's idée fixe.  He's locked in on that and won't budge with all his corporal-quality strategic insights.  I see other moves being much more productive for Ukraine.  

Ukraine does appear to be pretty good at using information to its advantage.  When it helps them to put out information they do.  When they get good information about targets of opportunity they move.  They happen to have outstanding First World assistance with getting that information and they are excellent in their own rights.