Where Do Things End With Vlad? (h/t romad1)

chasfh

Didn't grab them but I saw reports that Belarus is bringing tanks out of storage and getting them on rail.  Another, unconfirmed report, was of tons Russian soldiers being railed into Belarus "like cattle".  I know there have been reports of some of the hardliners in the Kremlin wanting to be more aggressive, but if they are planning another attack from the north, as we're headed into Winter.... it just seems way to stupid.  

2 hours ago, ewsieg said:

Didn't grab them but I saw reports that Belarus is bringing tanks out of storage and getting them on rail.  Another, unconfirmed report, was of tons Russian soldiers being railed into Belarus "like cattle".  I know there have been reports of some of the hardliners in the Kremlin wanting to be more aggressive, but if they are planning another attack from the north, as we're headed into Winter.... it just seems way to stupid.  

No one ever said Putin was a tactically smart man. When you combine that with the fact that he is either surrounded by yes man sycophants or people scared shitless of speaking out against him, you get a bad combination and ill-advised strategy as a result. Hitler in North Africa and choosing to invade the Soviet Union is one of the most prominent examples of this toxic combo, as is Leonid Brezhnev's decision to invade and get bogged down in Afghanistan. You'd think Putin being a student of the Soviet Union's disastrous affairs in Afghanistan or the US's own issues might have taught Putin a thing or two about resistance forces and how strong they can fight.

3 hours ago, romad1 said:

There are other satellite internet services.  The Uk government is heavily involved in OneWeb.   I wonder if the cost of launch services (Russia is the cheap option) keeps them from jumping in. 

There are others, but from everything I've read, they simply are not comparable in terms of speed and latency.  Musk pushed this out ahead of schedule and many of the reports we've seen in the last few weeks about some issues are related to efforts from keeping the Russians from utilizing this service.  Musk doesn't need to act like a baby and take his ball home, but he's been unfairly crapped on by the same folks he's helped quite a bit as well.

49 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

There are others, but from everything I've read, they simply are not comparable in terms of speed and latency.  Musk pushed this out ahead of schedule and many of the reports we've seen in the last few weeks about some issues are related to efforts from keeping the Russians from utilizing this service.  Musk doesn't need to act like a baby and take his ball home, but he's been unfairly crapped on by the same folks he's helped quite a bit as well.

Its amazing how awesome Elon Musk is,  i keep reading articles posted on social media from his bots that he is and how his competitors suck. 

Edited by romad1

2 hours ago, romad1 said:

1.  i'm sick of him. 

2. He's in a very strong position with spacex given that Russia ain't doing bulk sat launches for commercial customers. 

3. I'm sick of him.

Add in...:

4) He waded into politics unnecessarily. Every dim-witted businessman who has a few dollars in his/ her pockets thinks their IQ went up 50 points and they can now solve all the world's problems... He made a good move to send assistance to Ukraine... But that doesn't now mean he has all the answers. Especially when...:

5) He spewed Vladimir Putin talking points, right after speaking to him... WTF? Did he think he was going to get positive responses from Ukraine or the U.S. for regurgitating Putin-speak?

2 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Add in...:

4) He waded into politics unnecessarily. Every dim-witted businessman who has a few dollars in his/ her pockets thinks their IQ went up 50 points and they can now solve all the world's problems... He made a good move to send assistance to Ukraine... But that doesn't now mean he has all the answers. Especially when...:

5) He spewed Vladimir Putin talking points, right after speaking to him... WTF? Did he think he was going to get positive responses from Ukraine or the U.S. for regurgitating Putin-speak?

Concur.

Also

6. I'm sick of him.

And I admit that I actually like his weird baby mama's music.