Where Do Things End With Vlad? (h/t romad1)

chasfh

4 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Things getting progressively murkier. Reports that Wagner HQ in multiple places have been 'raided' by interior police. Meanwhile Prigozhin is in Rostov making nice with generals that were calling for him to stand down a few hours ago.  

I have no idea whether or not Wagner has the muscle to actually stare down the Russian military in some sort of civil war, I'll leave that to the experts. 

But I do think, from a leadership standpoint, this really demonstrates what a fatal flaw it is to have to rely so heavily on a paramilitary force to carry out state actions. Eventually, maybe they can turn on you, especially if they aren't appreciative of the direction you are giving 

4 hours ago, mtutiger said:

I have no idea whether or not Wagner has the muscle to actually stare down the Russian military in some sort of civil war,

That's the fun part, so far he hasn't had to - aside from taking down a couple of helicopters early on, no-one in the Russian Army seems to care to fight with him. Putin is finding out there is a down side to beating your nation into passiivity. He produced a nation where no-one cared to oppose him, in the same nation no-one will care to save him. 

Putin is apparently now waiting for Kadyrov to save his butt.

4 hours ago, mtutiger said:

But I do think, from a leadership standpoint, this really demonstrates what a fatal flaw it is to have to rely so heavily on a paramilitary force to carry out state actions.

Yup. Creating free lance armies is pretty much State Suicide 101. Or, as Gandalf would say:

"A Treacherous Weapon is ever a danger to the hand."

Edited by gehringer_2

13 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Where is Pig Smuggler with his multitude of Insider Links...?

He could tell us what Putin is REALLY thinking right about now...

He's going to pop up the moment things are slightly moving against the West.  He's cheerleading Putin because of reasons.

The concern now, is that Putin will activate his 5th column in the United States and we will have armed gangs roving the streets of various places where the org that used to be Blackwater (you really have to have a chart to map all of those rebrandings) are located.