Where Do Things End With Vlad? (h/t romad1)

chasfh

• 2 weeks later...

seeing ISIS actually claiming it and others saying it wasn't ISIS.   Russia claiming to have found a Ukrainian license plated van at the site...when it was Belorussian plated.   The silly is happening in real time.  48 hour rule in effect.  Basically, Putin has not earned any goodwill to make me think it isn't him but he also has a lot of enemies and so many of them have grievances.  The USG said that this was something they warned Russia about so if they didn't take prudent action or their services are too focused on killing Ukrainian mothers and stealing their babies to do the CT mission, welp.

Just now, Tiger337 said:

What is the real reason wealthy dudes want to break up NATO?  I know it's not some America First BS.  

NATO represents the center of Democratic power in the world. But Fascism is better for business. No pesky proletarian voters forcing laws and regulations on their born with a silver spoon god given right to do what they want.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

NATO represents the center of Democratic power in the world. But Fascism is better for business. No pesky proletarian voters forcing laws and regulations on their born with a silver spoon god given right to do what they want.

Right.

OLIGARCHY RULES!!!

GIMME KLEPTOCRACY OVER DEMOCRACY ANY DAY!!!

(Says Putin, Trump, and now Elon Musk...)

On 3/25/2024 at 10:42 AM, romad1 said:

Patriot system gets a couple reassuring kills 

Bodes well for Taiwan.

I always assumed if Russia walked through Ukraine, China was absolutely going to follow suit.  I have to believe that early on when they saw Russian losses, they back stepped any ideas they had.  

I would be interested in what our intelligence thinks in terms of differences between the two as well.  Russia absolutely is willing to raze the country for the territory.  China wants Taiwan for it's economy though.  Wonder if we believe that will change how they choose to engage Taiwan, if they do at all.

20 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

China wants Taiwan for it's economy though.  Wonder if we believe that will change how they choose to engage Taiwan, if they do at all.

This is spot on the difference. China is not going to destroy Taiwan to win it. The military threat is real but it's primary objective to create a sense of pressure and inevitability that will lead to an outcome more like Hong Kong. China has already shown us their preferred modus operandi.

1 hour ago, ewsieg said:

I always assumed if Russia walked through Ukraine, China was absolutely going to follow suit.  I have to believe that early on when they saw Russian losses, they back stepped any ideas they had.  

I would be interested in what our intelligence thinks in terms of differences between the two as well.  Russia absolutely is willing to raze the country for the territory.  China wants Taiwan for it's economy though.  Wonder if we believe that will change how they choose to engage Taiwan, if they do at all.

I'll share some thoughts that I am allowed to share later on this.