Where Do Things End With Vlad? (h/t romad1)

chasfh

Just now, Tiger337 said:

I don't think he even wanted to be President.  That happened by accident.  As I said before, if the dummies of America want to give him that power, he'll take it, but he has no coherent plan.  He's too ignorant and disorganized to have a plan.  

I don't know if it's accurate to say he didn't want to be president. He didn't think he would win when he started out so I agree he had no plan, and he certainly didn't want to 'be' a proper national CEO in the sense of ever doing all the work that entails to do well, but he sure as heII desperately wants to 'be' the 'biggest boss' there is, and that's POTUS. And now he not only wants it but no doubt feels he needs to get it back because he probably sees correctly that it is his be best route to hold his courtroom losses at bay.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I don't know if it's accurate to say he didn't want to be president. He didn't think he would win when he started out so I agree he had no plan, and he certainly didn't want to 'be' a proper national CEO in the sense of ever doing all the work that entails to do well, but he sure as heII desperately wants to 'be' the 'biggest boss' there is, and that's POTUS. And now he not only wants it but no doubt feels he needs to get it back because he probably sees correctly that it is his be best route to hold his courtroom losses at bay.

Yes, he does want it back for the reasons you mentioned.  I just don't think he has a grand plan.  The danger is his recklessness and psychopathy and the damaging decisions to which they could lead.  

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

Paraphrasing Gerson reminds me, has there ever been an ex-president more AWOL from the national public discourse than GW? Well maybe AWOL is the wrong term, he probably has 'leave' as far as many people are concerned. Is he really so small a man that he has to spend the rest of is life licking his wounds in seclusion, or was/is he so bereft of insight/unimaginative in having nothing to add that he was never fit for the job in the first place?

I think he's done as much as is expected of him.   He's got his soldier's charities he supports.  Laura has the reading and a few other charities she supports.  I am getting all this sent to my feed because I am a social media follower of them.   The Bush family are not welcome in their former party and he's bewildered.  They still have some power because their sort of blue blood people always have some.  In a world where the Queens real estate con-artist has the ear of Joe Sixpack and Bush feels a guilty burden for having sent so many of Joe's Sixpack's kids off to be blown to flinders, you really don't get much platform. 

1 hour ago, Tiger337 said:

... but he has no coherent plan.  He's too ignorant and disorganized to have a plan.  

Just because he has no coherent plan or a half-baked plan as befits his overwhelming ignorance doesn't mean that he does NOT want it.

He wants it. He absolutely wants it.

He wants to be dictator and tell everybody what to do. To have all the (corrupt) money go to him. He ABSOLUTELY wants that. And yes, per G2's point, not only for all the corrupt money going to him but now for legal protection because he absolutely needs it. I am... completely and totally shocked that you cannot see that. I just don't get how anyone cannot see that. It's so blatantly apparent.

But yes... he's a brainless ****. That's the one other thing that is saving our Democracy. That he is so overwhelmingly incompetent that he cannot just take over swiftly and smoothly like a Mussolini.

But Trump's brown shirts... are trying.

But make no mistake: He wants it. And they're (Trump's "brown shirts") pulling out all the stops to try and get him that.

8 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

I don't think he even wanted to be President.  That happened by accident.  As I said before, if the dummies of America want to give him that power, he'll take it, but he has no coherent plan.  He's too ignorant and disorganized to have a plan.  

https://www.project2025.org/

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/conservatives-aim-to-restructure-u-s-government-and-replace-it-with-trumps-vision

https://msmagazine.com/2024/02/08/project-2025-conservative-right-wing-trump-woke/

He provided the strategic objective.  Steve Bannon the path.  These Heritage.org people are identifying the WBS and laying out the key milestones. 

It might not be pure project management international but its definitely a plan.

• Thanks 1

More on the plan

Called the 2025 Presidential Transition Project—or “Project 2025,” for short—the plan has “four pillars”:

1. an 887-page policy agenda,
  2. presidential personnel database of vetted conservatives,
  3. Presidential Administration Academy to train these people to achieve the Project 2025 policy agenda, and
  4. 180-day playbook, which is what they hope to achieve in the first 180 days if Trump takes office in January 2025.

11 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Paraphrasing Gerson reminds me, has there ever been an ex-president more AWOL from the national public discourse than GW? Well maybe AWOL is the wrong term, he probably has 'leave' as far as many people are concerned. Is he really so small a man that he has to spend the rest of is life licking his wounds in seclusion, or was/is he so bereft of insight/unimaginative in having nothing to add that he was never fit for the job in the first place?

Yes.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, romad1 said:

She is using, I assume from the Kremlin playbook, a tactic I've been seeing from the red hats a lot lately: more or less, "Show me where Putin specifically said he wanted to invade all of Europe." It runs along the same lines as saying "Trump didn't cause January 6th Capitol thing happen because he told the crowd 'go peacefully'". They will always look past clear intent that would be considered obvious by any sentient human being and demand, "Show me where he said in so many exact words exactly the bad thing he said he would do. Can't find the exact words? You're a libeler, then. You're the one who should be arrested."