The 118th United States Congress

mtutiger

12 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

At least, we would finally have an honest speaker.  I don't think you'd last too long in politics!

I would never get there. I have too many skeletons to begin with, and I would like to think I am honest. That's not good on the resume.

But it would sure be fun to be a wrench in the gears. Can you imagine telling someone like Mitch or Nancy to go piss up a rope?

On 11/29/2022 at 6:31 PM, 1984Echoes said:

I am still 100%, absolutely, under the belief that the new House Dems coming in should whip their caucus and give a call to...

Steve Scalise.

Cut a deal ...

Politico thinks it is Fred Upton who the Dems and centrist Republicans are settling on under this plan:

https://www.politico.com/minutes/congress/12-2-2022/mccarthy-upton-speaker/

Three guesses on how TFG reacted:

Politico this week reported on whispers among moderate Republicans and Democrats about joining together and nominating outgoing Rep. Fred Upton (R-MI) as House Speaker should Republican hardliners sabotage McCarthy's bid.

Even though Upton is retiring as a congressman and did not seek a new term in office, the Speaker of the House of Representatives does not have to be an actively serving representative.

While it is currently not certain how serious the chatter about drafting Upton to lead the House of Representatives is, it was enough to trigger Trump into angrily denouncing the idea. "Rep. Fred Upton, a Pro-Impeachment RINO, would be a disaster....". No need to read the rest of his commentary.

50 minutes ago, romad1 said:

There is some rumor or maybe an actual story that Lauren Boebert will be appointed to the Intelligence Committee.  How in the actual f?  How will she serve on this committee if she can't get a clearance? 

Clearance is granted just by appointment is it?  Nobody but Biden can overrule like he did with his kids.  Isn’t that correct?

8 minutes ago, oblong said:

Clearance is granted just by appointment is it?  Nobody but Biden can overrule like he did with his kids.  Isn’t that correct?

She would not normally be clear-able without extenuating circumstances.  Those being that Kevin Mc needs the Russian support .  But i would not allow her any kind of clearance.  It was bad enough that Devin Nunes had the clown patrol working for him.

Edited by romad1

7 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Who cares what that guy thinks 

Oh I know, it would just be clarifying to hear him say it.

I carry an Eastern European last name. The Russians played a big part in the fact that somewhere around half of my people came here in the early 20th Century.

Vladimir embarked on this conquest to go back those days. It was a conquest of his choosing, and nobody should cheer that on or want that to happen.

Edited by mtutiger

9 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Do you think Ukraine should be subjugated by Russia?

Ukraine is subjugated by us. They are nothing but a tool in a giant money moving machine to make war toy companies rich (and their shareholders).

We are now close to shelling out over $100 billion to a country to fund a proxy war that has an annual GDP of $155 billion, while Russia spends $65 billion on their military.

We are not only insane, but bad at math. But the right people get rich so it's all good.

3 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Oh I know, it would just be clarifying to hear him say it.

I carry an Eastern European last name. The Russians played a big part in the fact that somewhere around half of my people came here in the early 20th Century.

Vladimir embarked on this conquest to go back those days. It was a conquest of his choosing, and nobody should cheer that on or want that to happen.

Your mistake was being in the way of the big men like Stalin and Putin

4 minutes ago, Screwball said:

Ukraine is subjugated by us. They are nothing but a tool in a giant money moving machine to make war toy companies rich (and their shareholders).

They just want self determination and not to live under Russian rule.

You don't care about any of that. Just admit it.

Edited by mtutiger
  • Like 1

we'll volunteer SB to go live in Russia for few months and see how far his freedom to screed gets him there. Here is a guy who as much as anyone here is always standing on his American refusal to duck and be quiet, telling 40 million it makes no difference to have to live every second of their lives with their heads down. SB wouldn't last 10 minutes in Moscow before someone would be coming to get him.

I don't even disagree with SB when it comes to most of the recent *US* military adventures, but the Ukrainians are fighting for themselves, and that is all the difference in the world. These are not American boots trying to proxy our objectives onto anyone else.

1 hour ago, Screwball said:

Really? Live under Russia rule?

Just admit it? LOL!

Is this country really this far gone?

49 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

we'll volunteer SB to go live in Russia for few months and see how far his freedom to screed gets him there. Here is a guy who as much as anyone here is always standing on his American refusal to duck and be quiet, telling 40 million it makes no difference to have to live every second of their lives with their heads down. SB wouldn't last 10 minutes in Moscow before someone would be coming to get him.

I don't even disagree with SB when it comes to most of the recent *US* military adventures, but the Ukrainians are fighting for themselves, and that is all the difference in the world. These are not American boots trying to proxy our objectives onto anyone else.

Maybe Yemen would be better (probably gets bombed more - cha-ching). Seems more punitive best I can tell. Us anti-war people should feel the pain too. The more, the better. Damn you if you don't like bombs.

Last I looked, no country that I know of invaded the continental United States. Also can't find a good reason why any of them would want to anyway. We have a global economy that is very dependent on supply chains - and if they break down - things get ugly very quickly. The global supply chain knows that.  But keep fucking with the "forces of nature" as Ned Beatty said in the above money speech from "Network (1976)."

I remember when the democrats were the anti-war party.  We are spending billions on this proxy war (to make the rich richer) while more Americans find themselves living on the streets. WTF?

Merry Christmas!

ON EDIT: Yes, I think we are that far gone.

Edited by Screwball