This thread is for Comedy Skits (Probably NSFW)

Not a variety show bit, and Just Shoot me wasn't one of the best all-time sitcoms, but David Cross did a great turn on one episode as Slow Donnie, a guy who fell out of a tree when he was a kid and then faked having subsequent brain injury for the sympathy and easy living it afforded him.

David Cross is a good example of how subjective and unpredictable comedy can be in terms of what someone thinks is funny.  I just don't get him.  I've tried.  I like to think I have good taste.  I'm not criticizing him at all or saying he's not funny because obviously a lot of people think he is and who am I to argue?  I don't like to do that.  Maybe there's something I'm not getting.

14 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

If you've never heard Steven Wright do standup then you might or might not be missing out. Every time I play Wright for a friend or tell a Wright joke I get mixed reviews. Some people laugh and find him to be very clever and some don't get what's so funny.

I think because some of his joke require a bit of thought and that is a level of genius that not everyone can appreciate.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/16/2022 at 10:59 AM, chasfh said:

Not a variety show bit, and Just Shoot me wasn't one of the best all-time sitcoms, but David Cross did a great turn on one episode as Slow Donnie, a guy who fell out of a tree when he was a kid and then faked having subsequent brain injury for the sympathy and easy living it afforded him.

Wow, you could not do that in 2022..........LOL