2023 NBA Draft Prelude

Deleterious

1 minute ago, Betrayer said:

You might have left out some of the important numbers:

Vertical - 41"

Finishing at the rim - 65%

Catch and Shoot threes - 40%

Well, two of those are not measurements.  Also not real sure how impressive 40% is for college.  I consider >= 40% to be a good shooter overall.  C&S should be higher.

That's why I said important "numbers", not measurements 😄

And for an 18 year old who started the season with a thumb injury on his shooting hand, I'll take 40% C&S all day. Kid shows real promise as a play finisher both from the three and on the drive.

Starting to do some more research now that I know where were picking and I'm starting to really like Gradey D***, has some question marks to his game but so does everybody else that we're going to have a shot at but I feel that he is a safe choice and could contribute and help right away. Doesn't have the athleticism of many of the other choices but he has the elite shooting skill and from what I read has a high basketball iq(which is something I really value) and is a good shot creator despite the lesser athleticism, kinda a lot like Cade in that regard. 

I don't remember Bogdanovich being tied to any time in particular, but I could be nonremembering.

The Bucks do have their 2029 first-rounder available, but Fischer suggests they’ll likely use it to acquire a player — either this offseason or in the future. Sources tell Fischer that Milwaukee contemplated dealing the pick to try to land Pistons forward Bojan Bogdanovic ahead of the February trade deadline.

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

Starting to do some more research now that I know where were picking and I'm starting to really like Gradey D***, has some question marks to his game but so does everybody else that we're going to have a shot at but I feel that he is a safe choice and could contribute and help right away. Doesn't have the athleticism of many of the other choices but he has the elite shooting skill and from what I read has a high basketball iq(which is something I really value) and is a good shot creator despite the lesser athleticism, kinda a lot like Cade in that regard. 

i hope they draft him so i can buy a pistons jersey with four asterix on the back.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

People seem shocked by this.  But we knew he measured bad from his Memphis pro day a few years ago.  His wingspan was shorter than his height.  His agility and shuttle times were higher than Luka Garza.

Honestly these videos shocked me more

56 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Warm up the passport.

Doesn’t seem likely but if he can shoot like that consistently through the pre draft process,  he will get picked and probably in the first round.   There is a unique talent inside there somewhere and I’m sure there will be a few teams willing to take a flyer on being able to bring it out.  

16 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

No thank you.

I also want the "D" part of 3&D. Not just the 3's, and that's it. I want some freaking D on this team (sorry... that's just me or maybe it's not just me... but... where's the "D"?)

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

No thank you.

I also want the "D" part of 3&D. Not just the 3's, and that's it. I want some freaking D on this team (sorry... that's just me or maybe it's not just me... but... where's the "D"?)

I just think he is more on offense just than just a catch and shoot shooter. 

I'm just going by highlights and scouting reports but I think he has the ability to be a 3 level scorer despite his relatively low athleticism. On top of that it seems like he has great vision and iq, I think between him and Cade they would beable to either get the easy shots for themselves or open shots for others. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

The problem is that two minutes later we'll all be complaining: "why are we the "least" athletic team in the league"? Isn't **** just a younger Bojan, in essence?

I don't think that will really be true with Ivey and Duren on the court ("least athletic"... not with those two) but I'm just saying.

I want fast, athletic, excellent D, and can spot up shoot the 3-Lights Out.

I don't care about handle, I don't care about interior creativity. At least a decent passer is probably also a requirement but... I am desperately requesting some 3&D wings at this time.

I don't think Livers is enough.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by 1984Echoes
  • Like 1

**** had more at the rim attempts than Miller this year and finished at a better rate.  Also a better 3PT shooter and is arguable they best shooter in the draft.

If he can work out his on ball defensive issues he could turn into a nice player.  I would offer Bojan to Dallas for that 10 pick and get us some ****.  

what's the difference between bates and jordan poole coming out of michigan?  the off court stuff for bates for sure, but poole didnt have a good reputation for on court behavior at michigan (beilein wasnt a fan) and poole is much shorter.

bates is tall and can shoot, someone will draft him.  i just hope its not detroit.