Week Thirteen: Jacksonville Jaguars (4-7) @ Detroit Lions (4-7)

MichiganCardinal

1) the nfc sucks.

2) the lions can lose to anybody, including bad teams like the panthers and bears.

3) the lions have one game left om their schedule that they shouldnt be favored in: minny at home.  and that game is at home which means they have a real fighting chance to win.

4) i think almost everyone on this site had the lions in the 5-8 win range.  if they finish this year with a winning record it's a testament to #1 above, but also to the coaching staff.

5) let's not get ahead of ourselves, these are still the lions.

Edited by buddha

12 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

That tie really mucked things up. The Lions held the tiebreaker against both the Giants and Washington, now that doesn't matter unless of course the Lions tie as well.

Yup... from a playoff perspective, that tie was the worst case scenario.  That said, I don't really care about the playoff.  All things considered I'd prefer they make them of course, but I would be shocked if they actually win a playoff game, let alone win three of 'em.  I'm happy with what appears to be steady improvement through the season and I'm excited to see what 2023 will bring.

9 minutes ago, RedRamage said:

Yup... from a playoff perspective, that tie was the worst case scenario.  That said, I don't really care about the playoff.  All things considered I'd prefer they make them of course, but I would be shocked if they actually win a playoff game, let alone win three of 'em.  I'm happy with what appears to be steady improvement through the season and I'm excited to see what 2023 will bring.

If they win 9 games I will be pretty happy regardless if they make the playoffs or not. The Lions have had a brutal schedule. They had the toughest schedule of any team in the league coming into this Jacksonville game and they are still in playoff contention. Arguably their best player from the draft still hasn't gotten involved yet. Lot of upside to this team right now. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, buddha said:

what nfc teams are better than the lions right now?

philly, dallas, seattle, san francisco...

we'll find out about minnesota next week.

FIRE DAN CAMPBELL!

And they could have beaten any of those teams (not including San Fran obviously). I still don't know how they blew that first Minnesota game.