Week Seventeen: Chicago Bears (3-12) @ Detroit Lions (7-8)

MichiganCardinal

1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

Anytime I see them I think of when I was in 8th grade. We played either SF or Dallas on MNF and destroyed them while sporting those, the next day in school some of us kids were half jokingly saying some of the same things like "Maybe they need to wear those every game" only for our buzzkill of a teacher to tell us the jerseys had nothing to do with them winning. 

Rumor is that new Uni's are coming next year............some are speculating it might be more of a nod to the 90s uniforms with the big white numbers, silver outlined.   The shade of blue on the throwbacks is different and I wish they'd go with that shade permanently 

last week the panthers were on a roll to the division title and the lions were the worst team of chokers in the league.

this week the panthers are terrible and stupid for blowing draft position and the lions are one win from the playoffs.

welcome to the nfl.  its a week to week league.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

If the Seahawks lose today and the Packers win does our game next week get flexed to SNF? It would be a win and your in for both teams right? 

The probelm is you have some other key games. Jags Titans will be for division and Dolphis jets might be the same as us. So it could be but they have some competition this year. 

1 minute ago, KL2 said:

The probelm is you have some other key games. Jags Titans will be for division and Dolphis jets might be the same as us. So it could be but they have some competition this year. 

If it's down to Titans Jags or Pack Lions, the network would take the latter with little hesitation

1 minute ago, buddha said:

last week the panthers were on a roll to the division title and the lions were the worst team of chokers in the league.

this week the panthers are terrible and stupid for blowing draft position and the lions are one win from the playoffs.

welcome to the nfl.  its a week to week league.

Yep, that's why I don't particularly care for the comparisons between two teams based off common opponents, hell I guess even head to head for that matter. I don't put too much stock in that in terms of a predictive measure because for the most part the vast majority of the teams in the NFL are pretty evenly matched so if you catch a team on a good or bad day it can make a major difference in the outcome. That and of course getting some lucky breaks or calls from the officials. 

1 minute ago, Tenacious D said:

wouldn’t we rather have our Lions play in Green Bay during the day? Probably drops 10 degrees at night and our team isn’t conditioned to playing in bad/really cold weather like the Pack is used to.

or, over-thinking it?

Yeah I'd say its definitely beneficial for the team to play earlier in the day, not only for the weather but the fans may not be as crazy as they would be at night but as a viewer I would love to watch the atmosphere of a prime time game like that. 

4 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

If it's down to Titans Jags or Pack Lions, the network would take the latter with little hesitation

That's why i also included Jets and Dolphins

And don't sell the league short on picking over us. 

1 minute ago, mtutiger said:

They'd still go with that game, as buddha suggests, because of the Packers.

Not an idiot. I get the argument. 

Im just saying its not a clear cut as some fans make it. Sure green bay. But they also aren't that great. It be for a wild card not a division, you have other massive markets in NYC and Miami, the weather is crappy and the league rotuinely screws us. 

That was a very "Brand New Lions" type of game. I know the Bears are terrible but the SOL wouldn't have bounced back that quickly after a thrashing in a meaningful game. Now we root for the Jets or, gulp, Rams and let the chips falls where they may. 

Either way, the Lions are playing with house money. An 8 win season at minimum is a pretty big success in Year 2 of the rebuild.

• Like 1

If Lions-Packers is a win and in game, I have little doubt that it'll be the Sunday Night game but if the Seahawks win today, I have no idea how they stagger the schedule since that game could be meaningless by Sunday night. If the Jets and Packers win today, I'd be shocked if Lions-Packers wasn't Sunday Night. I'm sure Titans-Jags will be Saturday night.