2022 NFL Draft Thread

Mr.TaterSalad

I know you can find guys in later rounds and the more picks you have the better chance you have of doing that with that said Im not a fan of trading down unless we are getting some extra top 100ish picks.  I don't want to sacrifice the better early pick for more 5th or 6th rounders. 

If the Lions want Willis or any other QB you'd think they would have the pick of the lot. I think the only teams that may end up picking higher than them are the Jets and Jags, neither of which is in the market for qb. I suppose a team could jump ahead of us and trade with them but I think that is a small chance. 

3 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

If the Lions want Willis or any other QB you'd think they would have the pick of the lot. I think the only teams that may end up picking higher than them are the Jets and Jags, neither of which is in the market for qb. I suppose a team could jump ahead of us and trade with them but I think that is a small chance. 

let's see willis perform against a top college team before we anoint him the next lamar jackson.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cruzer1 said:

Lamar might be light for him. Willis has a freaking hose.

I think early indications are from reports I've read that Willis has a stronger arm than Jackson. I read one former Auburn Coach, Pat Dye, who compared him in an ESPN Radio interview to DeShaun Watson. I can't really say what Willis is or what he will be, but as of now, I'd consider him someone worth our #1 overall pick.

Comparing Willis to Lamar is lazy. I know a lot of pundits are doing it.  Willis is composed on the pocket and hits his targets.  There really isn’t a comparison for him.  He is worth watching the rest of the year.  I’ve watched two liberty games so far, he is just so much better than the other players on the field.  

10 minutes ago, TP_Fan said:

Comparing Willis to Lamar is lazy. I know a lot of pundits are doing it.  Willis is composed on the pocket and hits his targets.  There really isn’t a comparison for him.  He is worth watching the rest of the year.  I’ve watched two liberty games so far, he is just so much better than the other players on the field.  

Lamar isn't bad. Not a bad QB to build around but I'm with those that think running QB's are going to get beat up faster and lose effectiveness faster. Not what I really want to build around...

Comparisons to Deshaun Watson I like a whole lot more, if that's who Malik can compare to. Much bigger arm, much less running. Watson/ Rodgers/ Steve Walsh... prefer those types of running QB's as a personal preference...

He isn't perfect by any means and I certainly wouldn't take him with our first pick but Desmond Ridder really intrigues me. He misses some throws some time but he is athletic as hell and has a hose for an arm. I wouldn't be opposed to taking him in the 2nd round if he is still there. Prescott, Cousins, Wilson, Derek Carr, Jalen Hurts and Jimmy G are examples of QBs taken outside the 1st in the past 10 years that have turned out solid and in the case of Wilson elite so its not impossible for a guy drafted there to succeed. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

I think it was mentioned in the game thread today...

Don't draft a receiver in 2022, just defense and a QB if the right one is available.

I beg to differ.

If we decide to draft a QB in 2022, we are also drafting at least 1, maybe 2 WR's. And either a 2nd/3rd round type Guard or another TE.

If we are NOT drafting a QB in 2022, then 1 WR and the rest defense.

IMO. (My 2 cents...)

4 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

I think it was mentioned in the game thread today...

Don't draft a receiver in 2022, just defense and a QB if the right one is available.

I beg to differ.

If we decide to draft a QB in 2022, we are also drafting at least 1, maybe 2 WR's. And either a 2nd/3rd round type Guard or another TE.

If we are NOT drafting a QB in 2022, then 1 WR and the rest defense.

IMO. (My 2 cents...)

I draft defense with the Lions pick and WR with the Rams pick. Doesn't really matter the position on defense.