Gun Legislation, Crime, and Events

Tigerbomb13

5 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I've been to Cheyenne. I made a pit stop there on my way to California. I can honestly say I don't think I missed much. 

My wife and I spent an afternoon there when we were in Denver for a long weekend, so we explored town a bit. I wouldn’t move there, but by the same token, it does have a bit of an artsy neighborhood with galleries and and boutiques and coffee shops and whatnot. It is a government town (state capitol) and the university is not far away (like Ann Arbor to Detroit), so if any city in Wyoming is going to be halfway decent for educated people, that’s the one.

5 minutes ago, chasfh said:

My wife and I spent an afternoon there when we were in Denver for a long weekend, so we explored town a bit. I wouldn’t move there, but by the same token, it does have a bit of an artsy neighborhood with galleries and and boutiques and coffee shops and whatnot. It is a government town (state capitol) and the university is not far away (like Ann Arbor to Detroit), so if any city in Wyoming is going to be halfway decent for educated people, that’s the one.

It's kind of like the only city. We stopped there to make sure we had a full tank of gas and supplies considering how desolate Wyoming is. Wyoming has the highest suicide rate in the country and I can see why after having been through there. 

2 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

It's kind of like the only city. We stopped there to make sure we had a full tank of gas and supplies considering how desolate Wyoming is. Wyoming has the highest suicide rate in the country and I can see why after having been through there. 

At least they have plenty of firearm options for their suicide when it comes time. /s

2 hours ago, mtutiger said:

We must always back the blue, 100%, no questions asked. /s

You know what’s going to happen over time, right? The right wing narrative will somehow exonerate the Uvalde cops and portray them as bravely saving far more lives then had they done nothing, and that the parents hindered the cops’ operation, preventing them from carrying out their training and going into the building, the parents will end up being blamed for so many kids dying, the issue will be litigated for months in the pundit media, and then we’ll move on to the next crisis having done nothing about this problem.

Impossible, you say? We have all the video and the audio of everything that happened that day, don’t we? They can’t tell us our own eyes are lying, can they? Well, we have all that video and audio and more from January 6th, too. 

11 minutes ago, chasfh said:

You know what’s going to happen over time, right? The right wing narrative will somehow exonerate the Uvalde cops and portray them as bravely saving far more lives then had they done nothing, and that the parents hindered the cops’ operation, preventing them from carrying out their training and going into the building, the parents will end up being blamed for so many kids dying, the issue will be litigated for months in the pundit media, and then we’ll move on to the next crisis having done nothing about this problem.

Impossible, you say? We have all the video and the audio of everything that happened that day, don’t we? They can’t tell us our own eyes are lying, can they? Well, we have all that video and audio and more from January 6th, too. 

I was sent this by a Trumper friend

EB5456B5-3C4E-4608-A3D6-669D03933DB8.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

I have to imagine a good portion of those are former military folks. I have lost four brothers I served with in the last 18 months.

Sorry to hear that and I am pretty sure you are right.  PTSD among veterans is a major problem.  

I have a friend,  well, now a former friend, who thinks we are all being hypnotized into believing that shootings are real when none of them are real, he says is MK Ultra in full effect and media has us all hypnotized.   He says social media constantly bombards us with subniminal (his spelling, not mine) messages.   

Well, while you motherfuckers are at it, can you hypnotize away my fucking hernia pain?   I've got a lawn mower to push today. 

Army Maj. Gen. Paul Eaton wrote on Twitter: “Let me state unequivocally — For all intents and purposes, the AR-15 and rifles like it are weapons of war.”

“It is a very deadly weapon with the same basic functionality that our troops use to kill the enemy,” Eaton wrote.

Eaton broke down the differences between the M16, M4 and AR-15 in the thread of seven tweets. He said those opposed to assault weapon bans were playing with semantics, when they claimed any meaningful difference existed between military weapons and AR-15 rifles.

“...The AR-15 is ACCURATELY CALLED a ‘weapon of war.’ … Don’t take the bait when anti-gun-safety folks argue about it,” he wrote. “They know it’s true. Now you do too.”

Edited by 1984Echoes

1 hour ago, Archie said:

Eaton is just another low IQ liberal playing to his base.  Here is an article explaining who this clown is.  

https://redstate.com/streiff/2015/03/13/retired-major-general-paul-eaton-hack-hypocrite-odious-dipstick-n52220

A publication called "RedState" calling someone who doesn't agree with its POV liberal?

That's about as shocking as the Tigers scoring zero runs today

12 hours ago, Archie said:

Eaton is just another ...

Which doesn't change the FACT that the AR-15 is modelled on the M-16. A military killing weapon. I was trained on the M-16. You? You still haven't answered me on which Military Branch you served.

So you go after the messenger to try and change the (factually correct) point?

I find your obtuse behavior and stream of lies despicable Archie Bunker. Contemptible.

But that's just me.

• Thanks 1