Gun Legislation, Crime, and Events

Tigerbomb13

Clearly there should have only been a single point of entry into and out of this *checks notes* 4th of July Parade.

It may be too soon, but with the rationality displayed by some, surprised it hasn't been suggested yet

Edited by mtutiger

6 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Seriously, Highland Park? Like the one featured in Ordinary People and half of John Hughes' movies?

If that can happen in a town like Highland Park, literally nowhere is safe

columbine?  sandy hook?  shit happens everywhere, man.

fortunately it looks like it will rain tonight which should keep the usual killings down this year.  last year there were 23 killed.  the year before 21.  

so far this year?  only 10...but the night is still young.

8 minutes ago, buddha said:

columbine?  sandy hook?  shit happens everywhere, man.

Let’s be precise; Everywhere within the jurisdiction of the conservative misreading of the 2nd amendment of the US Constitution. 

Our condition is not some random accident, it is the direct result of deliberate American conservative movement objectives. 

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, buddha said:

if you say so.

I dont think it's just G2's word... we are clearly an outlier in the developed world when it comes to firearm deaths.

Doesn't matter if it's isolated incidents like the one in Highland Park or a school in Uvalde, or criminal activity on the South Side of Chicago or in South Dallas, the intensity and frequency is different here than elsewhere.

6 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I dont think it's just G2's word... we are clearly an outlier in the developed world when it comes to firearm deaths.

Doesn't matter if it's isolated incidents like the one in Highland Park or a school in Uvalde, or criminal activity on the South Side of Chicago or in South Dallas, the intensity and frequency is different here than elsewhere.

hey, if it were up to me, i would re-write the constitution and get rid of the second amendment altogether.  i hate guns.  ban em.

that said, its in there.  and its written in an 18th century sort of way that makes it difficult to discern what it means.  

1 hour ago, buddha said:

hey, if it were up to me, i would re-write the constitution and get rid of the second amendment altogether.  i hate guns.  ban em.

that said, its in there.  and its written in an 18th century sort of way that makes it difficult to discern what it means.  

I once heard Breyer say ( loosely paraphrasing) that when things made no sense constitutionally, that the court had two choices, leave the republic to the vagueries of the amendment process, or step up to the plate and do something reasonable for the benefit of the nation. We need a lot more of that approach and a lot less of idiots like Thomas and Alito who would drive us over a cliff on a fool’s errand trying to parse the 18th Century into the 21st. He’s going to be missed. 

Edited by gehringer_2

38 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Shove your thoughts and your prayers and your praise for law enforcement right up your ass.  None of them matter.  

Thoughts and prayers and focusing on Backing the Blue is how they distract themselves from the cognitive dissonance that occurs when their claim that more guns keeps everyone safer butts up against the reality that more guns means more gun deaths.

Guys, I had flashbacks to 2007/Brian/VT today. I will preface this by saying my family is okay. But there was a short period there when I didn't know and I had such shitty cell service.

On the family group text, my brother sends a pic of my nephew at a parade. My brother lives in greater Chicago. An hour later a friend at the party I was at said "Shooting at an Illinois parade." I didn't have the service to find out which parade or hear back from my brother.

It ended up being a different parade.

This needs to stop, now.

• Sad 3

5 hours ago, Archie said:

Good guys with guns are law abiding citizens so they weren't there.  Highland Park has some of the strictest gun laws in the country.  Here is a link to the gun laws in that city.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/HP_Firearms-Ordinance.pdf

Will you retract this when we find put he bought it legally in Indiana or Wisconsin?

11 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

Will you retract this when we find put he bought it legally in Indiana or Wisconsin?

If he bought the guns legally there and then brought them to Illinois could that be used as a Federal crime?    Just looking for a way to impose the death penalty on this bastard (if he is the shooter).  no need to  have taxpayers pay for his care and feeding.