Lamar Jackson to the Lions?

Goff is probably the best QB to ever wear the Honolulu blue and silver.  He should have the right to stay here and guide them to their first Super Bowl.    I think they need to come up with some new ideas to help him take it to the next level.  

I’m not necessarily opposed to retiring his number right now while he’s still playing.  I think that may show him the team believes in him and give him that extra motivation to crush the souls of opposing defenses.  

I would also like to see Sheila present something to the owners competition committee that would allow him the use of a sword while on the field.  Thinking something along the lines of a military saber that he would keep sheathed most of the time and he could pull it out in those special situations where he needs just a little something extra.

I’d love for the team to turn Roary the mascot into an actual African Lion.  With the proper training and harnessing,  they could also mount Goff on Roary kind of like a Thundercats type of thing.  It would take some practice throwing but JG will pick it up in time and this could really improve his ground game and overall field generalship.

If the league balks at that idea then Sheila should employ Ford R&D engineers to create a system that can harness Jedi powers and import them right into Goff’s brain stem.  Not sure if it’s a special helmet or if they have to cyborg terminator his brain.  Either way the most important thing is to give him use to both sides of the force.  He needs both light and dark so that he’s ready for all types of game conditions.   That kind of power will be very difficult for defensive coordinators to game plan against.   

These are just a few quick thoughts on how to maximize Goff’s potential.  I think are some good ideas to build on though.  

Edited by Hongbit
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Goff is probably the best QB to ever wear the Honolulu blue and silver.  He should have the right to stay here and guide them to their first Super Bowl.    I think they need to come up with some new ideas to help him take it to the next level.  

I’m not necessarily opposed to retiring his number right now while he’s still playing.  I think that may show him the team believes in him and give him that extra motivation to crush the souls of opposing defenses.  

I would also like to see Sheila present something to the owners competition committee that would allow him the use of a sword while on the field.  Thinking something along the lines of a military saber that he would keep sheathed most of the time and he could pull it out in those special situations where he needs just a little something extra.

I’d love for the team to turn Roary the mascot into an actual African Lion.  With the proper training and harnessing,  they could also mount Goff on Roary kind of like a Thundercats type of thing.  It would take some practice throwing but JG will pick it up in time and this could really improve his ground game and overall field generalship.

If the league balks at that idea then Sheila should employ Ford R&D engineers to create a system that can harness Jedi powers and import them right into Goff’s brain stem.  Not sure if it’s a special helmet or if they have to cyborg terminator his brain.  Either way the most important thing is to give him use to both sides of the force.  He needs both light and dark so that he’s ready for all types of game conditions.   That kind of power will be very difficult for defensive coordinators to game plan against.   

These are just a few quick thoughts on how to maximize Goff’s potential.  I think are some good ideas to build on though.  

They already tried this with Stafford but had to abandon it.  Not sure if it would work with Goff. Matthew Stafford Detroit Lions Riding Special Edition Bobblehead NFL at  Amazon's Sports Collectibles Store

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

*DUCKS*

What am I looking at?  

It’s a poorly edited screenshot lacking any clear explanation of the data or any attributable source that was tweeted out by a random massage therapist in Grand Rapids.     

This has no value.  

6 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

What am I looking at?  

It’s a poorly edited screenshot lacking any clear explanation of the data or any attributable source that was tweeted out by a random massage therapist in Grand Rapids.     

This has no value.  

It's a screenshot right from NFL.com. NFL.com is not clear whether it's air yards or just completions. 

noted strong armed qb tua tagovailoa right behind goff. 

all qbs can complete passes over 40 yards.  it says nothing of arm strength or whether its actually a strength in their game.

goff has nfl qb arm strength, but he doesnt have a powerful arm like someone like stafford or herbert or mahomes.  but that's ok, you dont need that if you can find an open man downfield and accurately throw the ball to him.

Just now, buddha said:

all qbs can complete passes over 40 yards.  it says nothing of arm strength or whether its actually a strength in their game.

goff has nfl qb arm strength, but he doesnt have a powerful arm like someone like stafford or herbert or mahomes.  but that's ok, you dont need that if you can find an open man downfield and accurately throw the ball to him.

Exactly. Isn't something how Tua can be a good downfield passer when he actually has a deep threat? 

One name I didn't see on the list was Lamar Jackson 

55 minutes ago, buddha said:

I agree. I think it’s more about accuracy and timing of down field passes. Of which Goff isn’t elite, but it’s not some absolutely necessary trait.

Whether you can dial up and throw the ball 45 yards or 75 yards really only matters on the Hail Mary final play. So maybe once per season.

1 hour ago, buddha said:

I don't even really think the long downfield bomb is the toughest test of arm strength. You generally have time and can put a lot of air under 'the bomb' to get distance. To me what requires the strongest arm with the quickest delivery is the diagonal throw against the zone when you have to get the ball there on a rope with no tell-tale wind-up before the defender - who is watching the play in front of him - can react/close. Which, btw, was something a young Stafford was quite good at. 

The long bomb is all about throwing accurately to the right distance/timing - which is a different skillset than arm-strength alone, though it certainly helps.

Edited by gehringer_2

$50 million a year for a guy who had to prove a point by not supporting his team by going to a road game while injured? 

No thank you. 

- He's missed 1/3 of the season two straight years

- Once the legs go, so does anything special about him. 

Stick with Goff this year,  and next year, but draft a QB next year, let them be the backup for a year, then make them the starter when the rest of your team is built up.   Don't pay Lamar $50 million a year or Goff $45 million a year.   

On 3/11/2023 at 10:09 AM, Motown Bombers said:

It's a screenshot right from NFL.com. NFL.com is not clear whether it's air yards or just completions. 

I'm gonna say it's not air yards, unless the second column is reporting different information from the first.  I don't think Josh Allen threw a 98 air yard pass.