NBA Season 2021-2022

pfife

I'll agree that the Nets have the top spot in my most hated list - KD takes that spot by himself before we even get into the ball of crazy that is Kyrie and playstyle of Harden - but it's a close call for me when you put it up against the Lakers franchise and all the players like Melo, Howard, and Rondo that are hanging onto Lebron.

Anytime you have Lebron and AD on your team youre going to be a threat but I think the Lakers are going to find out that the additions of Westbrook and to a lesser extent Melo are going to make things alot more difficult for them. 

They are both totally inefficient scorers that are only going to take shots and plays away from the superior players in Lebron and AD. 

Jesus, Kyrie Irving is a f'ing idiot.  He's one of these guys who thinks he's a genius.   He also thinks the earth is flat, which instantly disqualifies the genius status.   He's poison.     This is all about getting attention.   Someone I work with lost her job for not getting the shot.  She's not a right winger.  I just don't get it.  

Lakers lose at home to Warriors to by 7. Virtually everybody on the Lakers had a positive differential or -3 at worst except for the cancer Westbrook who was -23 and essentially lost the game all by himself but damnit we're told he's a great player cause he'll give you 10 assists due to dominating the ball all game or 10 rebounds(mostly uncontested).  Most overrated player in the league by a country mile. 

Lakers-Warriors with huge ratings last night.  the biggest opening game audience in 4 years and the most watched show by young adults on the night.

bucks-nets was the least watched opening night game in 14 years.  lol.  nobody gives a shit about the nets or the bucks.  the nets are in the biggest tv market in the country and no one cares.  if it was knicks-bucks the ratings would probably have tripled.  durant, harden, and the flat earther and they still cant make anyone care about the nets.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No thank you.

Jerami Grant On Sixers’ List Of Potential Targets For Simmons

November 19th 2021 at 6:36am CST by Luke Adams
Pistons forward Jerami Grant is one of the players on the Sixers‘ list of targets for a potential Ben Simmons trade, according to Keith Pompey of The Philadelphia Inquirer. Pompey also confirms Sam Amick’s report that James Harden is on Philadelphia’s list.

Amick reported on Thursday that the 76ers have a list of about 30 impact players whom they view as possible targets in a Simmons trade. Philadelphia believes several of those players could become available via trade within the next year or two, which is why the front office remains in no rush to resolve the Simmons situation. Damian Lillard and Bradley Beal are among the other stars on the club’s radar.

According to Pompey, the Sixers have engaged in discussions with the Pistons about the possibility of trading Simmons for a package that would include Grant, another forward, a young player, and a draft pick. One source told Pompey that Kelly Olynyk and Saddiq Bey are players that could be included in a possible deal between Philadelphia and Detroit, but another source said the Pistons would be unlikely to include either Olynyk or Bey.

Although one source told Pompey that the Sixers haven’t spoken to Detroit lately and would likely want a higher-profile player than Grant as the centerpiece of a Simmons deal, multiple sources said the two teams have had recent conversations centered around Grant.

A former Sixer, Grant has taken huge strides since last playing for the team in 2016. In 67 games (33.6 MPG) since joining the Pistons a year ago, the 27-year-old has averaged 21.5 PPG and 4.6 RPG on .425/.343/.841 shooting.

Jake Fischer of Bleacher Report first reported last month that there was a belief the Pistons would entertain the idea of moving Grant in a deal for Simmons.

As for Harden, Pompey explains that the Sixers view the former Rocket as a possible sign-and-trade option in free agency next summer if they still haven’t dealt Simmons by that point. Harden didn’t sign an extension with the Nets prior to opening night last month and can opt out of his contract in 2022.

Harden has spoken about wanting to remain in Brooklyn for the rest of his career, so his decision to forgo an extension may have been more about trying to maximize his future earnings than about keeping his options open to jump ship. Still, it’s not inconceivable that he could consider other suitors as a free agent next summer if the Nets underachieve this season. Sixers president of basketball operations Daryl Morey is obviously very familiar with Harden due to their time spent together in Houston.

Harden is off to a slower-than-expected start this season, but is still putting up 20.3 PPG, 8.8 APG, and 7.6 RPG with a .395 3PT% through 16 games (34.4 MPG).

Yeah, I don't see the fit either. The Pistons have two big needs, shooters and an athletic big. Simmons fills neither of those although he would create a lot more open shots with his playmaking.

I've gotta think, if there's any legs to these rumors, that it's an idea being pushed by Gores to bring in "starpower". It just seems like a Gores type of thing to make a panicked move like this for the sake of bringing in a big name player that could put some fannies in the seats.

Edited by NYLion

2 hours ago, NYLion said:

Yeah, I don't see the fit either. The Pistons have two big needs, shooters and an athletic big. Simmons fills neither of those although he would create a lot more open shots with his playmaking.

I've gotta think, if there's any legs to these rumors, that it's an idea being pushed by Gores to bring in "starpower". It just seems like a Gores type of thing to make a panicked move like this for the sake of bringing in a big name player that could put some fannies in the seats.

unless you're going to turn simmons into a center, he'd be taking the ball out of cade's hands and doing nothing to help with spacing.

plus philly will want our first round pick next year.  

now that i think about it, can we trade our first round pick?  its already potentially promised to houston.