04/02/2023 1:10pm EDT Detroit Tigers vs Tampa Bay Rays

casimir

25 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Good Lord the hot takes are rolling on social media this morning. 

People have already determined this is a 110 loss team apparently off of two games

its a fan base with 7 years of sub par baseball ..... its going to take something good to brake that funk

As a multiple decade Tiger fan I admit my patience is worn out. I don’t like commenting negatively and I do like Scot Harris and support playing young players with potential but the clown show and blowouts have to stop. Yes only two games but they were really ugly and the tv crew is simply terrible. 

Alas I will be watching ..not listening…with fingers crossed.  Or maybe it’s time to just listen to the radio. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

it's really hard to gauge how good this team is or how enjoyable this season will be, especially after two games against a good team.  but I can't fault fans for being cynical, especially after the expectations everyone had going into last season only to experience the train wreck which was the 2022 season (by far, the least enjoyable season in my lifetime).  

we really did very little to improve the offense--management's hands were tied to some degree, but it seems like we are counting on big improvements and turnarounds, which could happen.

The team is lacking in likable identities--I think Greene and Tork can be those guys, but they have to achieve some success for that to happen.  Miggy is a shell of himself and both Baez and Schoop are extremely unlikable. Everyone else is kind of meh.

13 minutes ago, SoCalTiger said:

As a multiple decade Tiger fan I admit my patience is worn out. I don’t like commenting negatively and I do like Scot Harris and support playing young players with potential but the clown show and blowouts have to stop. Yes only two games but they were really ugly and the tv crew is simply terrible. 

I agree with this. I just need more of a sample size to readjust priors... it's a 162 game season, not 17 like the NFL

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

it's really hard to gauge how good this team is or how enjoyable this season will be, especially after two games against a good team.  but I can't fault fans for being cynical, especially after the expectations everyone had going into last season only to experience the train wreck which was the 2022 season (by far, the least enjoyable season in my lifetime).  

Cynicism is fine, I just don't think being cynical requires being reactionary