04/02/2023 1:10pm EDT Detroit Tigers vs Tampa Bay Rays

casimir

You would think that if a guy doesn't throw very hard, and you can't pickup his pitch speed, you'd basically go to dink mode and just stay back and try to dink him to death. I know, what am I thinking- - that would require the ability to shift gears in game. Part of the problem with being down by only one - they'd rather all keep trying to tie it on one swing.

Edited by gehringer_2

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

You would think that if a guy doesn't throw very hard, and you can't pickup his pitch speed, you'd basically go to dink mode and just stay back and try to dink him to death. I know, what am I thinking- - that would require the ability to shift gears in game.

And also a coaching staff to actually coach em up on it...I'm not really sure what Hinch actually does at this point.

Just now, mtutiger said:

The pitching was a disaster yesterday, but that felt like a one-off. The hitting kinda doesn't, which is scary for sure

which was my concern the whole off season when you dont add anyone who has a track record of hitting in the majors