04/02/2023 1:10pm EDT Detroit Tigers vs Tampa Bay Rays

casimir

5 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Is it an overreaction to think this team may be historically bad? Like near 2003 territory? The only thing that kept people from going quite that far is that the offense couldn’t possibly be worse than 2022. Well……

They won’t be that bad, but the offense looks catastrophically horrendous. I thought they could win 75 games a week ago, but now I think 100 losses is definitely a possibility. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

Where analytics have failed—people trying to distract by identifying a silver lining out of exit velo, hard hit rate, BABIP, etc…. All great, but at the end of the day it’s about results.

Riley Greene proves that:

image.png.d4de3c22ddaadb3e579a152a48ab0b23.png

Give me 87.6 miles per hour going a distance of five feet all day, amirite?

1 minute ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

They won’t be that bad, but the offense looks catastrophically horrendous. I thought they could win 75 games a week ago, but now I think 100 losses is definitely a possibility. 

Also remember the first 40 games is probably the toughest stretch any team in baseball has this year.

11 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Is it an overreaction to think this team may be historically bad? Like near 2003 territory? The only thing that kept people from going quite that far is that the offense couldn’t possibly be worse than 2022. Well……

This team is significantly more talented than 2003 or even 2019. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Toddwert said:

but if your 10-30 after the first 40 games its gonna be hard to dig out of that

You're right, it's going to be hard to dig out of it, although to be fair, no one was expecting us to contend, anyway. This is more of a character-building year for everyone involved.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

well, they do currently project to score 108 runs for the season. Would that be historicially bad?

• Thanks 1

I haven’t been around here in quite a while because I don’t have much positive to say and I don’t want to be like the trolls I used to enjoy banning. But the negative comment I do have to share is that I was wondering how the Ilitch family cannot feel ashamed at what they’ve done to this team and I realize that as really really really rich kids they probably have a pretty thick skin about being disliked. I suppose that Mike as complicated and unsaint like as he most likely was, was at least capable of shame which made him care two shits instead of none. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2