SCOTUS and whatnot

pfife

4 minutes ago, buddha said:

kamala harris on the supreme court would be....something other than kick ass.

the democrats want to dump her that bad?  lol.

it'll be jackson.  breyer clerk, black woman, liberal.  check check check.

Kamala, black women, has a D next to her, Biden doesn't have to worry about her dragging him down further.  check check and check.   🙂

3 hours ago, buddha said:

kamala harris on the supreme court would be....something other than kick ass.

the democrats want to dump her that bad?  lol.

it'll be jackson.  breyer clerk, black woman, liberal.  check check check.

IDK, I suppose they must already be polling her prospects internally, if they don't look good offering her a JOTSC might be good political move. But that would be the easy part - nominating a new veep could turn into a political disaster.

45 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

IDK, I suppose they must already be polling her prospects internally, if they don't look good offering her a JOTSC might be good political move. But that would be the easy part - nominating a new veep could turn into a political disaster.

easier to just kick her off the ticket.  she's not supreme court justice material.  there are plenty of other black women who are smarter and better choices.

4 hours ago, buddha said:

easier to just kick her off the ticket.  she's not supreme court justice material.  there are plenty of other black women who are smarter and better choices.

There are a lot of smarter and better choices but skin color is the only thing that matters.  The only other group that gives as much importance to race is the KKK.  The dems are sticking to their roots with their racism. The dems call that out and proud.

What skill does it take to be a scotus?   Come up with the ruling you want and write a story to fake like you care about jurisprudence, boom done.   Nominate Harris if that solves 2 problems they think they have.

We got mfs on this board that can do that shit and do all the time.  Won't be buying stories that scotus doesn't do this because I wasn't born yesterday 

8 minutes ago, Archie said:

There are a lot of smarter and better choices but skin color is the only thing that matters.  The only other group that gives as much importance to race is the KKK.  The dems are sticking to their roots with their racism. The dems call that out and proud.

Ok chief

47 minutes ago, pfife said:

What skill does it take to be a scotus?   Come up with the ruling you want and write a story to fake like you care about jurisprudence, boom done.   Nominate Harris if that solves 2 problems they think they have.

We got mfs on this board that can do that shit and do all the time.  Won't be buying stories that scotus doesn't do this because I wasn't born yesterday 

come up with the ruling you want and hire clerks to write a story to fake like you care...

1 hour ago, Archie said:

I'll take a black woman SCJ just to piss off all the Archie Bunker's of the world.

Let them cry like the babies they are.

I’ll go on record as saying that when ANY President states that his or her selection process will, at the very outset, exclude other candidates based on skin color, I have a problem with that. I don’t care what their preference is. Regardless of political affiliation or any other preferences, this is wrong. 
Biden’s selection may well be, in the end, the most qualified for the court. Who knows! But to publicly announce that the selection of the next nominee will be based on a racial preference (the very subject the high court will take up in coming months regarding Harvard and UNC admissions) is wrong.

24 minutes ago, 1776 said:

I’ll go on record as saying that when ANY President states that his or her selection process will, at the very outset, exclude other candidates based on skin color, I have a problem with that. 

Did you have a problem with Ronald Reagan selecting Sandra Day O'Connor? My understanding is that he intended to pick a woman with that selection.

19 minutes ago, buddha said:

plenty of black female candidates are just as qualified as anyone else.  i dont have a problem with biden choosing one for the court.

I’m not at all opposed to Biden selecting a black female candidate for the high court. I just don’t agree with the selection process disqualifying candidates, at the very outset, based on skin color. 

14 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Did you have a problem with Ronald Reagan selecting Sandra Day O'Connor? My understanding is that he intended to pick a woman with that selection.

or clarence thomas.  they were intent on nominating a black man to replace marshall.  or acb.  they were going to nominate a woman to replace ginsburg.

23 minutes ago, buddha said:

or clarence thomas.  they were intent on nominating a black man to replace marshall.  or acb.  they were going to nominate a woman to replace ginsburg.

Just thinking a little more about this, maybe it's the fact that Biden put it out there a little more up front. But still, the same thing happened prior to O'Connor's selection.

It'd be one thing if this were unprecedented, but it isn't.... I don't see the issue.