04/16/2023 1:10 pm EDT San Francisco Giants vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

18 hours ago, casimir said:

7461592000.gif  5986811968.gif

San Francisco Giants vs Detroit Tigers

Watch:  Tigers - Bally Sports Detroit, Giants - NBCS BA, National - MLBN
Listen:  Tigers - 97.1 The Ticket, Giants - KNBR 680

File:Brian Bluhm Virginia Tech Memorial Plaque.jpg

I don’t recall interacting with Brian Bluhm, as I joined the MTS board partway through the 2006 season and mostly lurked that season. But I remember that tragic day in 2007, I was attending an executive program at another campus in the northeast when the news broke. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, oblong said:

They are not playing today. Already a delay. It will be 50 degrees by 6 pm.  But I guess they need to get some concessions in first. But since it’s the giants I guess they will try. 

SF isnt supposed to come back, so they may try to get it in even if it takes a while

3 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

SF isnt supposed to come back, so they may try to get it in even if it takes a while

if they play it in 2:30 there may be enough window between the little cell there now and the bigger cell to the S-West but if they delay the start much probably no hope.

Edited by gehringer_2

9 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

if they play it in 2:30 there may be enough window between the little cell there now and the bigger cell to the S-West but if they delay the start much probably no hope.

For sure, not saying it will be played, but context matters... if it were Game 1 or 2 of the series, or if the opponent were the Royals, I'd be more skeptical. Just saying the incentives are there to try to get it in. Particularly for the Giants who have only so many windows to be in close proximity to Detroit 

2 hours ago, Jim Cowan said:

I just remember hearing about that and thinking that it is a huge school and the chances are pretty remote that he is involved, he'll be OK.

Yeah, same thing here.

I don’t go to too many Mud Hen games, certainly not as many as I would like to.  But I don’t think I’ve ever seen his brick there.  I was at Opening Day this season and didn’t think about it until we were inside.