Lions schedule and NFL predictions

TP_Fan

It’s officially official, the schedule will be released on Thursday with the international games announced on Wednesday.

This thread will serve to discuss all things Lions schedule and anticipated results across the league.

I suspect the Lions to have 2 prime time games outside of the thanksgiving game: One road SNF game and one home MNF game.

I know the chiefs didn’t want to play the bears in Germany, but assuming that didn’t change I could see the Lions opening on KC.

Im ready. 

4 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I did the schedule prediction competition in the Lions app and this is what I came up with. If I had to predict primetime games I would say @ Chiefs (TNF Season Opener), v. Raiders (MNF), v. Falcons (Thanksgiving), @ Saints (SNF), and @ Vikings (MNF).

image.thumb.jpeg.c99059e8ad0c8ee6a379e230658e37be.jpeg

I could see alot of those happening but despite us seemingly playing the Packers to end the season every year I think its going to be us and the Vikings since we're viewed as the 2 favorites in the division. I think the league likes the chance of having the division title being decided on week 18 between the teams involved. 

10 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I did the schedule prediction competition in the Lions app and this is what I came up with. If I had to predict primetime games I would say @ Chiefs (TNF Season Opener), v. Raiders (MNF), v. Falcons (Thanksgiving), @ Saints (SNF), and @ Vikings (MNF).

image.thumb.jpeg.c99059e8ad0c8ee6a379e230658e37be.jpeg

I hope it doesn't start out like that.  That's a pretty brutal start to the season.  I can hear SOL now.

Deducing the TNF season opener.... Looking at the Chiefs' home slate and eliminating division games and the international game, you're left with the Bills, Lions, Bears, Bengals, and Eagles.

Bengals were announced for Christmas Eve.... Eagles are rumored for week two via a Donna Kelce Facebook post (below). She also said that Chiefs/Bears would be international, so grain of salt, though she would seem to be a very good source for the Philly/KC game.

That would leave the Bills, Lions, or Bears.... which probably leaves the Bills or Lions. 

Honestly, I hate when the Lions aren't on 1:00pm on a Sunday.  I get that having prime time games means that the team is probably doing well and the league views the team as a draw... which is a good thing. But I like my Sunday afternoon routine. I'm okay with a 4pm time on occasion, but night games aren't nearly as fun for me. I have to stay up later, and if they lose I'm upset and it's hard to go to sleep and if they win I'm excited and it's hard to go to sleep. Honestly nothing would make me happier than for them to have 1:00pm games all season long, except for T-Day of course.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

If I have to play the Chiefs at Arrowhead, I want to do it the first game of the year. That's usually when you an surprise a team and the Lions will be their healthiest most likely. 

The Chiefs tend to start out slow and cruise through the season after the first six games or so. I think MCDC would have the guys ready to rock out of the gate too on National TV.