Lions schedule and NFL predictions

TP_Fan

12 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

That Chiefs opener is going to be fascinating. If the Lions win, the hype will be through the roof. If they lose, Detroit area hospitals will start bracing for a flood of ankle injuries after fans jump off the bandwagon. 

Nah, only if they get smoked. So long as the Lions compete enough to hang with the Chiefs into the 4th quarter, fans will hang with the team.

There will be joint practices with the Giants as well. Scheduling the Panthers though is bizarre. We play them in week five. I’ve never seen a preseason opponent be someone we play in the regular season. I’m sure with the amount of video available to these teams, the act of playing an opponent is at least somewhat insignificant, but I still can’t imagine any week one starter sees the field, or that the playbook is opened to even page two in that game.

1  Chiefs 36, Lions 22   0-1

2.  Lions 40, Seahawks 29   1-1

3. Lions  39,  Falcons 15   2-1

4. Lions 25, Packers 18  3-1

5 Lions 47,  Panthers 26   4-1

6  Lions 33,  Buccaneers 11   5-1

7  Ravens 37,  Lions 22   5-2

8  Lions 33, Raiders 15   6-2

9 Chargers 29, Lions 25   6-3

10 Lions 46,  Bears 12    7-3

11 Lions 26, Packers 22   8-3

12 Saints 30, Lions 25   8-4

13 Lions 19, Bears 11  (it'll be freezing rain)  9-4

14  Lions 37, Broncos 36   10-4 

15  Vikings 29, Lions 23  10-5

16 Cowboys 32, Lions 27  10-6

17  Lions 30, Vikings 27   11-6

NFC North

Lions 11-6
Vikings 10-7
Packers 7-10
Bears 6-11

57 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

16-1, only loss will be week 18 when DC rests everybody instead of going for the perfect season.

For real though I see the Lions going 12-5. Im sure I'm setting myself up for disappointment but I really like the players,  coaching and this schedule plus cmon they have The Alpha Male Jack Campbell now,  how could they win less than 12?

My predictions for the season . . .

Wins: Seahawks, Falcons, Packers (Week 4), Panthers, Bucs, Raiders, Chargers, Bears (Week 10), Packers (Week 11), Broncos, Cowboys, Vikings (Week 17)

Losses: Chiefs, Ravens, Saints, Bears (Week 14), Vikings (Week 15)

NFC North Standings:

Lions 12-5

Bears 9-8

Vikings 8-9

Packers 4-13

NFC Conference Championship Game:

Eagles 35 vs. Lions 31

AFC Conference Championship Game:

Bengals 42 vs. Chiefs 34

Super Bowl:

Bengals 34 vs. Eagles 28

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad

Detroit Lions

Over/under: 9.5

Mike Clay's projection: 8

Prediction: Under 9.5 wins. I know people are excited about the trajectory of this team, and it is justified. The Lions have a lot of young talent on this team; however, they are still the Lions -- a franchise that has little experience or success realizing its potential over the years. Should they really be the division favorites? I'm not so sure. Their draft process was flawed. WR Jameson Williams is suspended the first six games of the season. I will not be betting into the narrative that this team is the best in the division. -- Fulghum

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, buddha said:

Detroit Lions

Over/under: 9.5

Mike Clay's projection: 8

Prediction: Under 9.5 wins. I know people are excited about the trajectory of this team, and it is justified. The Lions have a lot of young talent on this team; however, they are still the Lions -- a franchise that has little experience or success realizing its potential over the years. Should they really be the division favorites? I'm not so sure. Their draft process was flawed. WR Jameson Williams is suspended the first six games of the season. I will not be betting into the narrative that this team is the best in the division. -- Fulghum

The answer to the question "why wouldn't the Lions be good" can probably be found hidden in the weeds here: they are still a very young team, and their success is dependent on the emergence of rookie and sophomore talent that is expected to be good out of the gate... If Campbell, LaPorta, and Gibbs start their careers flat, and/or Hutch and Jameson don't have an upward trajectory, there is the possibility they will struggle.

But the author loses all credibility by citing a failure to realize their potential "over the years". Claiming the Lions won't be good because of things that happened when literally none of the current players or management were with the franchise is about as astute a projection as using a Magic Eight Ball to predict the outcome of games.

Yeah you can come up with multiple legit reasons why they may not be as good as some are speculating but his reasons arent any of them.

It's actually embarrassing that they would publish that answer for a pay insider article that is centered towards gamblers. It would be like telling people to bet on something with the only reason being "its due".