Lions schedule and NFL predictions

TP_Fan

Seems based on what we know of the Packers schedule, looks like Vikings at home to finish the season. 

This will be good for the Vikings. They could be fighting for the final playoff spot and the Lions will be resting their starters since they have the division locked up. 

Edited by Motown Bombers
  • Thanks 1

If we go in and beat the Chiefs at Arrowhead I think that this fanbase is going to be turned up to a level that it's almost never been at before. That would be one hell of a way to open up the season and would make the first home game and Ford Field be as loud as its ever been.

Definitely throwing our new secondary into the deep end by playing KC the first game. As mentioned though it is usually best to get the good teams in week 1 cause the first week has shown to be even more volatile than a normal NFL game.

Plus with the Chiefs getting their rings and essentially recelebrating their championship they may come out a little slow.

36 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

That Chiefs opener is going to be fascinating. If the Lions win, the hype will be through the roof. If they lose, Detroit area hospitals will start bracing for a flood of ankle injuries after fans jump off the bandwagon. 

chaos-kneecaps.gif

I agree that it is best to play your toughest opponents early, when it is more of a crapshoot. Neither a win nor a loss will mean a whole lot in the grand scheme of the season, though I'm sure overreactions will be abound either way. It will also be helpful to get the long rest into week two, which will presumably be at home.

2 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Not sure this is accurate since I thought teams were only suppose to play two Thursday games. 

3 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

A TNF Throwback game! Should be a classic 9-3 final.

Something got to give unless we have two Thursday Night games now? 

• Like 1