Investing

Motown Bombers

WSJ-

Treasury yields have sprung to multiyear highs, forcing the U.S. government to pay a lot more in interest and putting pressure on the budget.  

The U.S. government is expected to pay an additional $1.1 trillion in interest over the coming decade, according to the Congressional Budget Office’s latest estimates. Interest costs are on pace to surpass defense this year as one of the largest government expenses in the budget. Only Social Security and Medicare are forecast to be bigger burdens in the coming years.

• 1 month later...

Wall Street’s expectation that the Federal Reserve will cut interest rates several times this year has helped power stocks to records. Now, some investors think the central bank might not cut rates at all.

After the latest blockbuster jobs reportFriday showed continuing strength in the economy, more traders are betting the Fed may cut the benchmark federal-funds rate just once or twice this year, fewer than officials’ last median forecast of three quarter-point cuts. And a handful are even starting to wager that the central bank will leave rates where they are.
-WSJ

Personally, I can’t see any justification for a rate cut any time soon. One of the Fed’s talking heads suggested a possibility of three cuts this year. Doesn’t make sense.

Edited by 1776

Two things on DJT shares:

1) They're trying to get a waiver so that they don't have to wait 6 months before they're allowed to dump shares. Of course they are. The shares will be near worthless in 6 months, so they want to dump them NOW!!! I hope the SEC tells them to go **** themselves. Point blank.

2) I wanted to short sell those shares when it hit $70, but... "shares not available to sell short". Sold at $70 (if they would have allowed such...) and the current price below $34 = a purchase cost of 1/2 of the price they woulda been sold at. Or, more than double money, in less than a month.

"I coulda been a contendah...".

2 hours ago, chasfh said:

They’ll get the waiver. The system is designed to help Trump and people like Trump.

Yep. It won’t be it help him but some hedge fund or other anonymous outfit. “Too big to fail”.  

Remember a couple of years ago when regular joes messed around with game stop stock and all the hedge fund managers were like “dude… that’s not fair”

I saw the beginning of a thread that asked “what are things that when poor people do if it’s considered trashy but when rich people do it it’s considered classy?” Examples like “speaking two languages at home” and “not paying taxes”.  This is another case.  When you or I use bad judgement or have just bad luck on a stock, that’s life.  When the super rich do it then we must put in safeguards. Trickle down and such.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2