06/09/2023 6:40 pm EDT Arizona Diamondbacks vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

10 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

so tell me again why the Tiger brain trust is constantly preaching "use the big part of the field" to our hitters?

Welll, hard to take anything the Tiger brain trust says seriously when Harvy's still batting 2nd every game, let alone in the top 6 of the lineup🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Dtrain72 said:

I mean, why even bother playing at this point...curious as to what Harris is thinking. Does he realize this team is so far away tjat his contract may expire before they are considered a real professional baseball team again?

Might as well just give up on life....

1 hour ago, kdog said:

The tweets about Paredes homers hurt my soul. 

I guess the results are all that matters but his actual batted ball stats aren't that good, in fact he is one of the top 5 luckiest players in baseball based off of that. He is plus at striking out and elite at not swinging and missing but everything else he does is well below average. Obviously would still rather have him on the team at this point but I think sooner or later these numbers will correct himself and we will see that he isn't nearly as good as his traditional stats say right now. 

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savant-player/isaac-paredes-670623?stats=statcast-r-hitting-mlb

1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

I guess the results are all that matters but his actual batted ball stats aren't that good, in fact he is one of the top 5 luckiest players in baseball based off of that. He is plus at striking out and elite at not swinging and missing but everything else he does is well below average. Obviously would still rather have him on the team at this point but I think sooner or later these numbers will correct himself and we will see that he isn't nearly as good as his traditional stats say right now. 

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savant-player/isaac-paredes-670623?stats=statcast-r-hitting-mlb

he's better than austin meadows.

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

Pretty good find and this would help explain if he starts slipping. 

56 minutes ago, chasfh said:

tWait until you get the tweet that both Candelario and Paredes make the All-Star game. 

While I was quite peeved that they shipped out Paredes without ever giving him a fair audition, I admit that I am one who had no problem with them letting Candelario go - I thought that was an up and down year kind of player and preferred a more consistent performer, but of course I assumed that Harris, being new Wunderkind, would prove up the task of finding a competent replacement. To be quite frank, his first effort to refill a position on the field has been a failure. None of the major league guys Harris acquired have shown  ability to fill the position at replacement level and the minor league player that was supposed to be the possible future there appears not to have the needed glove even if he may yet have the bat to get to the majors at some position.