07/04/2023 6:40 pm EDT Oakland Athletics vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

1 minute ago, Dtrain72 said:

As you all know, I'm easily aggravated and at times, overy pissy about this current Tigers team, but if they lose thiw game today whilst Harvy hits cleanup and Keith is raking in Toledo...whelp, I'll be full nuke.

Keith got out twice. He didn't hit a five run homer tonight.

5 minutes ago, Dtrain72 said:

As you all know, I'm easily aggravated and at times, overy pissy about this current Tigers team, but if they lose thiw game today whilst Harvy hits cleanup and Keith is raking in Toledo...whelp, I'll be full nuke.

Honestly D, I don't think they have any plans of bringing Keith up before September.    Probably not even then.   

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Honestly D, I don't think they have any plans of bringing Keith up before September.    Probably not even then.   

With this ass division, I dont get how Harris isnt going all hands on deck and bringing anybody up who may be able to hit for this team.  There's no f*cking way he watches this offense and thinks "hmmmm, darn, too bad there's nobody in Toledo we should give a shot to up here...", something is very wrong if that's the case.

Edited by Dtrain72

I guess taking a step back, we're actually looking at two of the worst teams in MLB, short of the Royals and Rockies...so this makes sense, maybe Harris really doesnt have any f*cks to give regarding this season, and regardless of how ass the division is.  But, as a fan, if the playoffs are within reach, I expect the GM to do everything, within reason, to make it in.  

No one will ever convince me that there arent a couple bats in Toledo that could help this team more than what we got up here now....and that's a strike against Harris if he doesnt move on it imo.

19 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I agree and I hope he stays in Toledo and plays every day.  I don't want him platooned in Detroit.  Malloy even more so.

1 minute ago, Jim Cowan said:

I agree and I hope he stays in Toledo and plays every day.  I don't want him platooned in Detroit.  Malloy even more so.

Why not though? Are these guys really that fragile? Not even worth bringing up Keith and seeing if he can help this team, and hell, maybe even win the div?  I get the longview, but come on...if this team were 10+ back, then sure, but they are in the mix for a playoff push.  Can they win the World Series?  99% no...but just get in the dance, and I expect a GM to use every option he has to get there if it's feasible.  Maybe I'm just shortsighted...but I thought the goal every season is to win the Div, then get in the dance, and see what happens.

• Like 1