07/04/2023 6:40 pm EDT Oakland Athletics vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

The Tigers have announced the following roster moves:
*Placed LHP Tyler Alexander on the 60-day injured list, retroactive to July 3, with a left lat/shoulder strain
*Reinstated LHP Tarik Skubal from the 60-day injured list

4 minutes ago, kdog said:

*Placed LHP Tyler Alexander on the 60-day injured list, retroactive to July 3, with a left lat/shoulder strain

One man enters, another one takes their place 

4 minutes ago, kdog said:

That sucks. Shoulder injury, instant 60 day. He won't be back this year.

E-Rod will be activated tomorrow.  Who goes?     Garrett Hill?  I think they'll keep Zach Logue awhile longer.  I think Brieske & Faedo will have to earn their spots in Detroit, they won't just be called up.  

Baddoo & Greene are likely going to be back by the weekend.    My guess is Marisnick & Nevin go down. 

Colt Keith is making his case to be our every day 2nd baseman.  If he keeps that up at Toledo, he's going to be here soon and Schoop is probably gone.     I don't think Keith's future is at 3rd, if it was he'd be playing there now.    

If Keith comes up to play 2nd I think it would mean a combo of McKinstry & Ibanez to play 3rd.   

Maton found his swing.   He really is better than he played in Detroit this year, maybe the pressure being off is helping.    His future might be as the utility infielder.    Maybe playing 3rd so much was a big distraction for him.   

Edited by Motor City Sonics

5 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I don't think Keith's future is at 3rd, if it was he'd be playing there now.    

I wouldn't write him off yet!

Keith is still playing 3b regularly. his last 4 games have been 3B, 3B, DH, 2B.

Edited by gehringer_2

47 minutes ago, kdog said:

spacer.png

I didn't really think about it until now but I wonder if there is a chance we see Mize back sometime this year? He had surgery in mid June of last year so it wouldn't be a reach for him to be back sometime in August or September. I of course wouldn't want him to rush back but if he gets the all clear I would like to see him get a handful of starts or so just so he can possibly work out some of the issues that come with returning from TJ surgery instead of having to deal with them next year. 

44 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I didn't really think about it until now but I wonder if there is a chance we see Mize back sometime this year? He had surgery in mid June of last year so it wouldn't be a reach for him to be back sometime in August or September. I of course wouldn't want him to rush back but if he gets the all clear I would like to see him get a handful of starts or so just so he can possibly work out some of the issues that come with returning from TJ surgery instead of having to deal with them next year. 

Yes.  We know that pitchers have a different feel after TJ and they always have to work it out.     If he can handle the load (and he should be able to at least come out of the bullpen) why not have him start this year and maybe get a head start, so his return is ahead of where Turnbull & Fulmer were when they came back.  

I doubt we see him, though.