07/04/2023 6:40 pm EDT Oakland Athletics vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

17 minutes ago, Hart said:

Are the Tigers possibly holding Keith back to manipulate his service time?  Not even sure how that works anymore.  

IDK, there is some kind of deal where they need to maintain his eligibility to be on some list next season that gives them a shot at draft pick or somesuch nonsense.

Just now, kdog said:

The Tigers have left Haase and Schoop last through July 4th. Winning today's game is not a priority. Skubal and Olson pitched well; The manfred runner scored in the 10th.

Wait, winning today, at home, agains the worst team in baseball wasnt a priority?  Damn, I knew the bar was low...but there's not even a bar with that take🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1

Frustrating loss, and as much as I'd be happy to see Schoop and Ibanez replaced, I don't know that anyone was getting to Sears today. Sometimes bad teams get great performances. I remember watching Spencer Turnbull no-hit a 90-win Mariners team two years ago. Sh*t happens.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tigermojo said:

Not sure what the answer is but Schoop has sucked for two years, Nevin has sucked in MLB, Haase has sucked all season and Short has taken a nose dive after a hot start. That can't be the bench anymore.

And dont forget Tork "4-5 good games once a month" is our 2 hitter, and Harvy-sub .600 OPS "gonna strike out 30% of the time" is our cleanup hitter.

Wait, my beother just texted me that this was the first game the A's have pitched a shutout this season...is that true?! 

If so:  Hey Harris, your team only gave up two hits in 10 innings and lost to the worst team in baseball...who also hasn't shut anyone out all season, until today...and Harvy is still batting cleanup.

Hey Harris, your team only gave up two hits in 10 innings and lost to the worst team in baseball...who also hasn't shut anyone out all season, until today...and Harvy is still batting cleanup.

Hey Harris, your team only gave up two hits in 10 innings and lost to the worst team in baseball...who also hasn't shut anyone out all season, until today...and Harvy is still batting cleanup.

Edited by Dtrain72

10 hours ago, Jim Cowan said:

Tony!

9 hours ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Best batting stance.

Phillips was a natural for this thread.  A leadoff hitter as a Tiger and spent time with Oakland, so let him lead off this series.  Could be explosive (happy 4th of July).

Did any Tiger fan not appreciate Phillips' time as a Tiger?  I mean, sure, he had a clunker of a game now and again like all ball players do.  But, he was so fun to watch, you knew he'd be in the lineup, but you just didn't know where until you saw the lineup card.  He had some shortcomings as far as talent was concerned, but damn it if he didn't make up for it with wit and guile.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kdog said:

I mean, if this isnt a wake up call for Harris to try to inject some life into this offense via Keith or something, then he may not be the man for the job. This is some "all options on deck!!!" ****-ass offense...f*cking TRY something Scott!  

1 minute ago, romad1 said:

The absolute worst ABs of the game were Haase.  He's got to get his head on straight. 

It's Haase, this is what he is: not an every day MLB player, and barely a platoon guy in the long run...his water is finding it's level

1 hour ago, Sports_Freak said:

I think Keith may force them to call him up. If he tears up AAA...bring him up, see what you got.

Malloy didn't force it earlier this season when he was tearing it up.  I don't think it'll happen with either at this point.  Next season might be a different story.