Tigers Beat Writers Lionizing Sub-Replacement Level Ex-Tigers

Edman85

7 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

Wait until he finds out that Lorenzen has imploded, post no-no, and is probably heading to the Phillies pen.

I think the innings are getting to him (in my completely unqualified opinion).  Seems plausible that he's just not used to this kind of workload.

image.thumb.png.f449dd6b050625cf0f192d1967c3b8c6.png

I would be interested in the Tigers bringing him back next season.  If his public farewell was sincere about his time in Detroit, bring him back.  There can be room for him in the rotation.

Edited by casimir

1 hour ago, casimir said:

I think the innings are getting to him (in my completely unqualified opinion).  Seems plausible that he's just not used to this kind of workload.

I would be interested in the Tigers bringing him back next season.  If his public farewell was sincere about his time in Detroit, bring him back.  There can be room for him in the rotation.

Lorenzen was never a strikeout guy, but that rate of five with Philly is the worst number on his card. His walk rate is elevated a bit but still under career norms. Maybe whatever he learned in Detroit that he liked, the thing that got him to lower walks without losing too much strikeout, he is starting to lose that, but there’s no Fetter around to help him fix it.

Too bad he and his 84 OPS+ are not around to try in center field, too! 😜

13 hours ago, casimir said:

I don't know.  He likes pitching for the Tigers, but the Phillies have better fans.  

8 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

After his no hitter, he talked about he has never seen fans that lifted him as much as the Phillie fans.  I wonder how he feels about them now that's not pitching well.  I'm sure it was BS anyway.  

Oh, I forgot about that.  Yeah, it was probably just a response with a lot of emotion in the heat of the moment shortly after the no hitter.  He had what is probably the single most apex moment of his career in the middle of a career season.  I'm sure he was extremely grateful for being in that experience.