07/24/2023 1:10 pm EDT San Francisco Giants vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

23 minutes ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

19 minutes ago, Toddwert said:

Well that explains Englert

Maybe.  I think they're also trying to get available pitchers up to Detroit.  I think Faedo up & then back down kind of suggests this.

9 minutes ago, casimir said:

Maybe.  I think they're also trying to get available pitchers up to Detroit.  I think Faedo up & then back down kind of suggests this.

Beck also noted that Englert has been on the roster long enough that if he has something that sidelines him longer they would still be able to keep him. 

Englert's disastrous performance on Saturday night was a way to circumvent his rule 5 status. Make him look so bad that he has to be injured so you can put him on the IL and create a roster spot. Galaxy brain stuff lol.

Edit... i read beck's earlier tweet. Did they change the Rule 5 roster requirement? I thought they had to stay on the roster for the full year.

Edited by kdog

If he'd quit bouncing up and down on his delivery he'd probably have less trouble wit his hips. Then again, he spent so much time  pitching from the stretch he didn't have the opportunity to bounce that much Saturday...:classic_dry:

Drives me crazy watching pitchers do that. How can all that extra motion possibly help them keep reproducible mechanics???

Edited by gehringer_2

4 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

If he'd quit bouncing up and down on his delivery he'd probably have less trouble wit his hips. Then again, he spent so much time  pitching from the stretch he didn't have the opportunity to bounce that much Saturday...:classic_dry:

Drives me crazy watching pitchers do that. How can all that extra motion possibly help them keep reproducible mechanics???

It’s also has to wear you out faster

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

Maybe he was hanging out with Deuce there and didn't want to get caught up in his bad scene again.

I was thinking that he may have crossed the Deuce and was told not to show his face there again if he knows what's good for him.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Toddwert said:

Whats the Deuce? I think i missed something

Jim Aducci.  Respectfully known as The Deuce.  He runs Toledo like a boss.  Baseball was just a ruse to keep in the action.

As Jim Cowan once said after an ejection he wanted it because then he would rummage through the lockers looking for loose change and cigaretts.

11 minutes ago, oblong said:

Jim Aducci.  Respectfully known as The Deuce.  He runs Toledo like a boss.  Baseball was just a ruse to keep in the action.

As Jim Cowan once said after an ejection he wanted it because then he would rummage through the lockers looking for loose change and cigaretts.

Ok lol