2023 NCAA Football Thread

Deleterious

I think Texas might rout UW. Looking at the four teams, UW is the odd duck to some extent. The other three have athletes around the field and dominate the line of scrimmage, while Washington has an NFL QB and some good WRs. They’re just built different than the other three, I think all their close games speak to that, and I don’t think it will be advantageous in the semis. They’re the only team of the four who would surprise me to win the National Championship.

1 minute ago, MichiganCardinal said:

It's his third string QB, so probably.... but it won't be a fun offseason, especially if he stands pat at QB.

It smells a lot like Juwan's situation with Michigan BB.  He's a dead man walking because he couldn't take a perfectly tuned playoff machine and turn it into a natty and then the elite talent started to go elsewhere.   Juwan's headaches were magnified by his kid's being agita.   Ryan Day's magnified by his involvement in a cheating effort and attempt to taint Michigan's program to justify his own failures.

3 minutes ago, romad1 said:

It smells a lot like Juwan's situation with Michigan BB.  He's a dead man walking because he couldn't take a perfectly tuned playoff machine and turn it into a natty and then the elite talent started to go elsewhere.   Juwan's headaches were magnified by his kid's being agita.   Ryan Day's magnified by his involvement in a cheating effort and attempt to taint Michigan's program to justify his own failures.

I think the expectations are very different for Michigan basketball to Ohio State football. If M basketball generally makes the tournament and sprinkles in a Sweet 16 every now and then, Juwan would be fine. Instead they're losing to McNeese State and he keeps being a massive distraction by acting like a physically aggressive toddler.... If Ohio State goes 11-1 but that one loss is to Michigan, there are torches and pitchforks.

Curious what becomes of this Catapult scandal. Three losses in a row to Michigan and then scoring three points in your NY6 bowl? I wouldn't be shocked if there is some pearl clutching in Columbus.

1 minute ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I think the expectations are very different for Michigan basketball to Ohio State football. If M basketball generally makes the tournament and sprinkles in a Sweet 16 every now and then, Juwan would be fine. Instead they're losing to McNeese State and he keeps being a massive distraction by acting like a physically aggressive toddler.... If Ohio State goes 11-1 but that one loss is to Michigan, there are torches and pitchforks.

Curious what becomes of this Catapult scandal. Three losses in a row to Michigan and then scoring three points in your NY6 bowl? I wouldn't be shocked if there is some pearl clutching in Columbus.

Yeah, Michigan MBB expectations are a lot different for sure.