2023 NCAA Football Thread

Deleterious

as soon as they are no longer affiliated with the university they will no longer be relevant.  no one will care.  its the ties to the university that drive the love.

no one cares about the usfl.  

which is why theyre really walking a fine line right now.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2024 at 8:07 AM, casimir said:

Well, they’ve got a new AD, so any ties that bound before aren’t necessarily there.  In other words, Day better beat Michigan next season, Chris Holtman better start winning some basketball games this season.

Too late for Holtmann.

6 minutes ago, GoBlue23 said:

I can't remember when I last played one of them but it has to be 20 years now.  I should really get back into gaming as it would surely a better way to spend my free time instead of sitting around watching the news and surfing the internet.  

This is always the right answer for your mental health.  However, being an alert citizen is also extremely necessary.   

As far as the game.  I tend to get annoyed by the "miracle" that Notre Dame always gets every game they play against Michigan.  There is always some insane fluke thing that happens.   Even in 2013 that wasn't the case.  We were killing them on the regular even in that Richrod/Hokish era. 

25 minutes ago, casimir said:

Rumor is the B10 and SEC are looking for multiple automatic bids to the playoffs.  Expansion from 12 playoff teams to 14 could occur in 2026.

just break away and form your own league already.  take notre dame and florida state and north carolina and virginia with you.

I think Grouch understood the problem perfectly

Have we got a college?  Have we got a football team?....Well, we can't afford both.   Tomorrow we start tearing down the college.                 --Groucho Marx, in "Horse Feathers."