08/21/2023 6:40 pm EDT Chicago Cubs vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

2 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

This team has 5 very solid starting position players with Greene, Torkelson, Carpenter, Vierling and Rogers.      They need a big upgrade at SS and Colt Keith to either stick at third or second.     A bench with Parker, Baddoo, McKinstry and Backup Catcher Guy ain't too shabby.   

I really hope Baez opts out.   

I count six including Baez. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Motor City Sonics said:

This team has 5 very solid starting position players with Greene, Torkelson, Carpenter, Vierling and Rogers.      They need a big upgrade at SS and Colt Keith to either stick at third or second.     A bench with Parker, Baddoo, McKinstry and Backup Catcher Guy ain't too shabby.   

If Baez could just get back to being a 95-100 OPS+ hitter he would be a 2-3 WAR player, assuming his defense stays strong. Maybe they can figure something out with him during the off-season. 

10 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Not sure what Vierling is aside from a guy who can play a lot of positions.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

Baez obviously is not opting out; he has the lowest K rate of his career; I really think they are trying to turn him into a player he is not

That’s a great observation. Just let him rake and live with the low on base. Bat him seventh. If we can get his slugging up we’re in good shape.