09/18/2023 10:10pm EDT Detroit Tigers vs Los Angeles Dodgers

casimir

38 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Jake Rogers reaches 20 home runs. He has had 307 ABs. Carpenter also has 20, in 374 ABs.

5-3 Dodgers.

I love Jake Rogers.  It seems like Harris tried to trade him to the Dodgers but man, if you offer me a catcher with top-quartile defense who hits 30 home runs in 450 AB's, then I don't care if he "controls the strike zone", he is a core player who appears in the All Star game every year if he gets the playing time that he has earned.

17 minutes ago, Jim Cowan said:

I love Jake Rogers.  It seems like Harris tried to trade him to the Dodgers but man, if you offer me a catcher with top-quartile defense who hits 30 home runs in 450 AB's, then I don't care if he "controls the strike zone", he is a core player who appears in the All Star game every year if he gets the playing time that he has earned.

Playing the best players is so yesterdays tech. 

Jake is going to keep smiling and being a good teammate, because he's tied to the Tigers until 2027, but I'd guess he was not the happiest person the Dodger deal fell apart.

Edited by gehringer_2

Haven't been watching him much but atleast statistically EROD seems to be struggling quite a bit since around the deadline. Its like every start he either struggles peripherally, in base stats or both.

If the season was a month longer and he kept this up he may have ended up pitching himself into not opting out. 

33 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Haven't been watching him much but atleast statistically EROD seems to be struggling quite a bit since around the deadline. Its like every start he either struggles peripherally, in base stats or both.

If the season was a month longer and he kept this up he may have ended up pitching himself into not opting out. 

image.png.80499363d14dccfd24e85d91d09cfaef.png

7 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Playing the best players is so yesterdays tech. 

Jake is going to keep smiling and being a good teammate, because he's tied to the Tigers until 2027, but I'd guess he was not the happiest person the Dodger deal fell apart.

if he got traded to LAD, it would have seriously affected his career, stuck behind one of the best Cs in baseball for 3.5 years, getting 60 starts a year