10/01/2023 3:10 pm EDT Cleveland Guardians vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

Umpires rotate clockwise, so third base, where he can’t ring up Miggy on a half swing.

Could you imagine Miggy getting hooked for arguing in his last game? - if anyone could do that, it would be Angel - who should be working his last game today.    Don't care about their union, it's time to finally do the right thing here.   I think umpire performances should be evaluated like players, coaches and GMs.   Why should they be totally untouchable?   The vast majority of them would have nothing to worry about, but there's always the 1 to 3 that have no business being at this level.  These guys are like Supreme Court Justices and they shouldn't be.  

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Could you imagine Miggy getting hooked for arguing in his last game? - if anyone could do that, it would be Angel - who should be working his last game today.    Don't care about their union, it's time to finally do the right thing here.   I think umpire performances should be evaluated like players, coaches and GMs.   Why should they be totally untouchable?   The vast majority of them would have nothing to worry about, but there's always the 1 to 3 that have no business being at this level.  These guys are like Supreme Court Justices and they shouldn't be.  

MLB should do it just like the minor leagues.

If half a dozen top umpire "prospects" are in AAA, then graduate 1 of them and demote Hernandez to the PCL (no, NOT to Toledo!!!). Or put Angel on the "IL" for a few weeks to at least see if the AAA Umpire brought up to the Show is good enough...

I still remember the day they got Miggy.   How stunning it was to lands such a superstar.    Some thought we gave up too much.  LOL.    Back in those days the Tigers made such bold moves, it seemed like every offseason.     Maybe if the young guys pan out and continue developing in 2024 we could start having that feelin again after next year.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Cabrera was the best acquisition the Tigers made in my lifetime.  I couldn't believe they were able to get him in that trade.  

Marlins are one of those franchises with a notorious history of letting go of future Hall of Famers in trade for cheap.

They mentioned on the Bally pregame show that the batter clock has not been in use this weekend for Cabrera.  I guess I never noticed that.  But kudos to the Guardians and MLB for going along with it.  I don’t think he was ever one of the hitters to waste time, so that is helpful as well.

I noticed the other night when Greinke was pitching, he took a stroll around the mound for Cabrera’s first plate appearance.  So, I wonder if the clock was used or paid attention to against Kansas City?

The clock has been a good thing.  But I’m glad that the other parties involved this past week are reading the room and understanding the situation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I still remember the day they got Miggy.   How stunning it was to lands such a superstar.    Some thought we gave up too much.  LOL.    Back in those days the Tigers made such bold moves, it seemed like every offseason.     Maybe if the young guys pan out and continue developing in 2024 we could start having that feelin again after next year.  

It seems weird that, as far as I can tell, Miggy is the last man standing from among the 8 players in that trade.