Week Six: Detroit Lions (4-1) @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-1)

3 hours ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

IMG_1725.jpeg

Hopefully Josh Paschal can come in and play soon. I honestly have no idea what to expect from him or how they'll plan on using him along the front. Do they expect him to be more of an everyday player and be in there against the run? Will he be a rotational edge rusher only? Is there an expectation for him to occasionally drop back in coverage as Houston did in a few situations.

Gibbs, Branch, Jonah Jackson and Paschal all ruled out. LaPorta questionable. 

Good news is that St. Brown is back and Decker and Ragnow practiced without restrictions so they seem to be close to 100% after playing banged up most of the year. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

5 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Gibbs, Branch, Jonah Jackson and Paschal all ruled out. LaPorta questionable. 

Good news is that St. Brown is back and Decker and Ragnow practiced without restrictions so they seem to be close to 100% after playing banged up most of the year. 

Damn, Gibbs out. We've gotten little out of our two 1st round picks this year this far and that's been one of the low points in an otherwise tremendous season. I know it's early, but these were two guys I expected to come in and contribute right away. It is especially concerning with Gibbs because after this season, we only have four more years left with him since you shouldn't be paying RBs a second contract.

1 hour ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Damn, Gibbs out. We've gotten little out of our two 1st round picks this year this far and that's been one of the low points in an otherwise tremendous season. I know it's early, but these were two guys I expected to come in and contribute right away. It is especially concerning with Gibbs because after this season, we only have four more years left with him since you shouldn't be paying RBs a second contract.

We only have 3 more years of Jaymo and we've gotten very little production from him.

2 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Actually pretty crazy how much damage one bad season (with an injury) and a poor relationship with an egomaniac media doll of a head coach can do to a guy’s national reputation.

McVay had a pretty good PR narrative going for himself. Then when he melted down with Goff and again with the post-Super Bowl crash the media started to recognize he is an egomaniac had poisoned relationships with many of his coaches and players. 

1 hour ago, Jason_R said:

McVay had a pretty good PR narrative going for himself. Then when he melted down with Goff and again with the post-Super Bowl crash the media started to recognize he is an egomaniac had poisoned relationships with many of his coaches and players. 

Yet Goff has still not been given any substantial credit for the Rams Super Bowl run or for what has turned into a very successful career. With the graphic that Lions PR put out you would think the debate would be "is this QB on track for a HOF career", not "is this QB worthy of an extension"

Even now, with Goff being at the helm of the Lions(!!) seemingly successful rebuild, it's like the national media narrative is that they're doing it despite him, or that it's only because he's got a good offensive line and running game. He went into his last game with Josh Reynolds and Kalif Raymond as his WR1 and WR2 and scored four touchdowns! If he manages to host and win a playoff game here this year, I don't think it's crazy to put him above Matt Stafford and say that Jared Goff is the best QB in Lions history.

Look at QB Power Rankings from the preseason though and you'll find Daniel Jones ranked above him. Look at some now and you'll find Brock Purdy ahead of him. I even saw one that had CJ Stroud ahead of him.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Montgomery, one of the best backs in the league right now, is on a second contract.  It’s been 6 games and Gibbs isn’t featured.

4 hours ago, TP_Fan said:

Montgomery, one of the best backs in the league right now, is on a second contract.  It’s been 6 games and Gibbs isn’t featured.

Gibbs? Bust...Jaymo? Bust. Just think how good the Lions would be if they had any contributions from 1st round picks the last two drafts. Holmes blew it. : )

It is getting annoying listening to the endless excuses being made for these high picks. I'm still being patient, but players drafted in the 1st round are supposed to be starters. They're supposed to make your team better. Gibbs' impact has been marginal, Jaymo has been zero, Campbell seems more like a 2nd round pick than a 1st

5 minutes ago, number20 said:

It is getting annoying listening to the endless excuses being made for these high picks. I'm still being patient, but players drafted in the 1st round are supposed to be starters. They're supposed to make your team better. Gibbs' impact has been marginal, Jaymo has been zero, Campbell seems more like a 2nd round pick than a 1st

It's what keeps the Lions separated from SF, Philly and maybe Dallas. 3 picks that's the difference between being a division winner or a conference winner.