Week Six: Detroit Lions (4-1) @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-1)

7 minutes ago, NYLion said:

There are plenty of free ways to watch the game, I've been doing that for years as an out of market fan (have never paid a dime to watch a Lions game) and I'm talking beyond watching at a bar or at a buddies house.

Your wife is likely not a US Government senior executive who worships at the altar of fiscal propriety.  A little graft doesn't bother me but...indeed, it makes the World go round but...the wife would be most upset. 

Edited by romad1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Your wife is likely not a US Government senior executive who worships at the altar of fiscal propriety.  A little graft doesn't bother me but...indeed, it makes the World go round but...the wife would be most upset. 

I get it, Happy Wife Happy Life.

I have no such barriers to finding the stream of my choice so I guess I should be considered lucky. It's a pain at times to find a good one though.

While on the Detroit Lions 2023 Revenge Tour™, the Bucs aren't as obvious a choice as the Seahawks, Panthers, or NFC North rivals, the 47-7 drubbing the team took from the Bucs in 2020 still pisses me off when I think about it.

Practically the entire interim coaching staff was in COVID-19 quarantine, which for any other NFL franchise in 2020 would have led to the game being postponed until Monday or Tuesday, as was requested by the Lions. Instead, the NFL forced them to play on Sunday with zero game preparation and poor Rob Prince at the helm, who will forever have one of the sorriest NFL head coaching records of all time as a result. Stafford got hurt on the very first drive and the Lions never crossed midfield the rest of the game. Their only points came on a punt return from Jamal Agnew.

But Tom Brady got to embarrass us en route to clinching a playoff berth, so the NFL was happy.

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

While on the Detroit Lions 2023 Revenge Tour™, the Bucs aren't as obvious a choice as the Seahawks, Panthers, or NFC North rivals, the 47-7 drubbing the team took from the Bucs in 2020 still pisses me off when I think about it.

Practically the entire interim coaching staff was in COVID-19 quarantine, which for any other NFL franchise in 2020 would have led to the game being postponed until Monday or Tuesday, as was requested by the Lions. Instead, the NFL forced them to play on Sunday with zero game preparation and poor Rob Prince at the helm, who will forever have one of the sorriest NFL head coaching records of all time as a result. Stafford got hurt on the very first drive and the Lions never crossed midfield the rest of the game. Their only points came on a punt return from Jamal Agnew.

But Tom Brady got to embarrass us en route to clinching a playoff berth, so the NFL was happy.

I must have blocked all that out until you just reached deep into soul pulled my heart out!

Indiana Jones Heart GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, romad1 said:

I get this.  I’m also a US government SES, so I pay the ridiculous Sunday ticket fee. But I feel it’s well worth it.  Honestly, $350 wasn’t that ridiculous to be able to watch any and all football.  

5 minutes ago, TP_Fan said:

I get this.  I’m also a US government SES, so I pay the ridiculous Sunday ticket fee. But I feel it’s well worth it.  Honestly, $350 wasn’t that ridiculous to be able to watch any and all football.  

Yeah, like i say, its a psychological barrier.  Like I won't wear Lions merch out of fear I'll bring back the bad old days of pain.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TP_Fan said:

For us it's more principle than $$$...if you factor in the cost of Youtube along with Sunday ticket you're looking at $450 (without Red Zone and who really needs that?)

That's on top of whatever your internet (or cable monopoly) service charges for decent speeds. Throw in whatever other add on streaming services like Netflix, Peacock,Apple, etc you are talking about real money. 

3 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

2 hours ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

I must have blocked all that out until you just reached deep into soul pulled my heart out!

Indiana Jones Heart GIFs | Tenor

This is really a great example of how much pain being a Lions fan causes.   We are nothing but fodder for other team's highlight videos except for a few glorious hours in the 1990s and maybe now. 

4 hours ago, NYLion said:

There are plenty of free ways to watch the game, I've been doing that for years as an out of market fan (have never paid a dime to watch a Lions game) and I'm talking beyond watching at a bar or at a buddies house.

This is the right answer.   Free streaming has come a long way in the last few years along with thr ease of casting from a phone or computer to a TV.  

4 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I'm with you on that. Tampa is one of my least favorite teams - which has everything to do with them being a former division rival

I was LMAO off today listening to Valenti on 97.1. Valenti and a caller go at it regarding Jamo. The caller got tired of him dogging Jamo and calling him underwhelming. The caller said the Lions need to give the guy more targets and Valenti exploded and blasted off to space screaming about you don't get targets if they don't trust you yet. This went on for a good minute plus with Valenti and the caller screaming at one another about Jamo and whose fault it all is.

All of Valenti's radio theatrics and antics aside, and the callers too, are we at a point where Goff, Johnson, Campbell, just don't have any trust in who Jamo is as a player yet? Should he be getting an increased target share or does he need to earn that? How can you get a job if you don't have any experience, but how can you get experience if they won't give you the job?

Where are we at with Jamo this week?

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad

1 hour ago, Hongbit said:

This is the right answer.   Free streaming has come a long way in the last few years along with thr ease of casting from a phone or computer to a TV.  

I am 46 and too old to go diving into lockers.... No, really I am 46 and want to sit in my Michigan made La-Z-Boy and watch guilt free. Plus I don't want to set a bad example of stealing to my 15yo. $350 a year and I get every Lions game, sold.

WR usage versus Carolina:

Marvin Jones – 35 snaps, two targets, two receptions

Kalif Raymond – 29 snaps, three targets, three receptions

Jameson Williams – 28 snaps, three targets, two receptions

Josh Reynolds – 28 snaps, five targets, four receptions

Antoine Green – 11 snaps, no targets, no receptions

Dylan Drummond – 5 snaps, no targets, no receptions

What is with the hyperventilating on Jameson Williams now?

18 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

WR usage versus Carolina:

Marvin Jones – 35 snaps, two targets, two receptions

Kalif Raymond – 29 snaps, three targets, three receptions

Jameson Williams – 28 snaps, three targets, two receptions

Josh Reynolds – 28 snaps, five targets, four receptions

Antoine Green – 11 snaps, no targets, no receptions

Dylan Drummond – 5 snaps, no targets, no receptions

What is with the hyperventilating on Jameson Williams now?

People who were hyperventilating on the rookie RB not getting touches.

On 10/9/2023 at 2:48 PM, KnoxP said:

I am hostage to the networks and any appearance on a national broadcast/Thu, SNF or MNF.  Also in my area, with no NFC home team, it seems the local Fox affiliate is smitten with Philadelphia. I'll be surprised if I get this TB game.  Ugh.

And on to streaming it is...thanks for the couple pieces of advice!

3 hours ago, Hongbit said:

Don’t sweat it.  Tampa are bigger pretenders than Chrissie Hynde.    

3 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

If the Lions can take over Arrowhead and Lambeau, Tampa may as well be the Detroit suburbs. Might be more Lions fans there than Bucs fans.

I like your confidence. But it's really hard to win on the road. I did see an early line of Lions favored by 3.

It is hard to win on the road(even if there should be a lot of Lions fan there), especially against a decent team. Of course if the Lions do end up losing Sunday people won't remember this fact, it'll be all doom and gloom because to some fans they expect you to win every game in the NFL despite predicting you to lose 5 or more games throughout the season. 

Edited by RandyMarsh