Week Six: Detroit Lions (4-1) @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-1)

LIONSLOGOGDT.png.199836140b073df3be77e35333b750c0.png          vs.          bucs_gdt.png.0a9c00e59fe68f4205df7c7d4a544ac7.png

Setting: 10/15/2023 4:25pm on FOX

Site: Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, FL

Weather: 79° High / 64° Low, 24% chance of rain, 11mph wind

Opening Spread: Lions -3.5

All-Time Series Record: Lions lead, 31-29

Last Meeting: 12/26/2020, Buccaneers won 47-7

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-1)

Head Coach: Todd Bowles (6th Season: 35-50)

Projected Starting QB: Baker Mayfield (6th Season: 34-39)

Last Week: BYE (Preceded by 26-9 W @ New Orleans Saints (3-2))

Looking Ahead to Week #7: Sunday v. Atlanta Falcons (3-2)

lions_gdt_bucs2.thumb.jpg.fcf29a4e975be0f6d8705e1c3abd53dd.jpg

Your Detroit Lions (4-1)

Head Coach: Dan Campbell (3rd Season: 16-22-1)

Projected Starting QB: Jared Goff (8th Season: 58-46-1)

Last Week: 42-24 W v. Carolina Panthers (0-5)

Looking Ahead to Week #7: Sunday @ Baltimore Ravens (3-2)

lions_gdt_bucs.thumb.jpg.eaadb54249b0796d6ee84365934551a8.jpg

Elsewhere in the NFL

Primetime: Broncos @ Chiefs (TNF), Giants @ Bills (SNF), Cowboys @ Chargers (MNF)

9:30am: Ravens @ Titans (London)

1:00pm: Commanders @ Falcons, Vikings @ Bears, Seahawks @ Bengals, 49ers @ Browns, Saints @ Texans, Colts @ Jaguars, Panthers @ Dolphins

4:05/4:25pm: Patriots @ Raiders, Cardinals @ Rams, Eagles @ Jets

Bye: Steelers and Packers

I'm thinking I made the right choice not to get the Youtube.tv sunday ticket.  I can follow the game just fine on radio and then watch extensive highlights almost right after.   This is the right place to be if the Lions are thriving.  If the Lions were mediocre...still the right play.   NFL Sunday Ticket is ridiculously expensive.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, romad1 said:

I'm thinking I made the right choice not to get the Youtube.tv sunday ticket.  I can follow the game just fine on radio and then watch extensive highlights almost right after.   This is the right place to be if the Lions are thriving.  If the Lions were mediocre...still the right play.   NFL Sunday Ticket is ridiculously expensive.

That was the way we went. Just could not justify the price of Youtube TV plus Sunday ticket. I took the option of NFL +. With the audio only i can actually get a few things done around the house.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

That was the way we went. Just could not justify the price of Youtube TV plus Sunday ticket. I took the option of NFL +. With the audio only i can actually get a few things done around the house.

The last few years Directv was kicking me free NFL Sunday ticket.  

22 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

I wish NFL+ would give the option of synching the radio feed with the video on replay. I would love to hear Dan Miller's call when I watch the replay after the game.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, romad1 said:

I agree. It's way overpriced. There's plenty of games on TV between Thursday, Sunday and Monday.

7 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

The local cable kicks nothing free. Even their basic TV service kicks the bill to nearly $100. Unfortunately they're the only outlet for decent internet service. 

I just switched to WOW internet and YouTube TV. Unlimited DVR. Xfinity got crazy expensive. It only took a few days to get used to the new interface. The best part is no data cap....stream all you want!

2 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

I just switched to WOW internet and YouTube TV. Unlimited DVR. Xfinity got crazy expensive. It only took a few days to get used to the new interface. The best part is no data cap....stream all you want!

We are in cable monopoly land. And for now pretty much the same for dependable internet service. I just don't trust T-Mobile or Verizon to be reliable for work plus streaming, etc. So for now Cox is the company store.

3 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

I did the same and I love it, only thing that sucks is that yt tv doesn't carry ballys, with the Wings and Pistons starting up I may have to sign up for bally+.

32 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I did the same and I love it, only thing that sucks is that yt tv doesn't carry ballys, with the Wings and Pistons starting up I may have to sign up for bally+.

Yeah, I had to. But even with the $20 for the Bally app, my bill is much less expensive. I hated losing my Xfinity DVR but time marches on.

BTW, there's a learning curve on the Bally app. Can't record games and then start watching the recording. You can still pause it live and FF it though.

43 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

We are in cable monopoly land. And for now pretty much the same for dependable internet service. I just don't trust T-Mobile or Verizon to be reliable for work plus streaming, etc. So for now Cox is the company store.

I was going to go with T-mobile but they don't have service here. I thought I would hate YouTube TV but it turns out I like it, a lot. And $25 a month for 200 MB/S with WOW internet is plenty fast and inexpensive.

I pay $5 per month to my cable provider for time-shift so that I get Fox and CBS and CTV (Canadian network that covers NFL) affiliates from both Pacific and Eastern zones. So I got 11 of this week’s 16 games and have got every Lions games so far this season. I used to pay for Sunday Ticket when the Lions were bad because fewer of their games were picked up. I get Detroit CBS, NBC and ABC affiliates but not Fox for some reason. 

• Like 1

I am hostage to the networks and any appearance on a national broadcast/Thu,SNF or MNF.  Also in my area, with no NFC home team, it seems the local Fox affiliate is smitten with Philadelphia. I'll be surprised if I get this TB game.  Ugh.

Edited by KnoxP

Lions currently 3rd in DVOA, never before have they been that high through 5 games of the season. And yes this is just another reminder of horrible we have been over the decades, even more so at the start of the season. Some of our best years we were a mere 3-2 or worse. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

46 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Lions currently 3rd in DVOA, never before have they been that high through 5 games of the season. And yes this is just another reminder of horrible we have been over the decades, even more so at the start of the season. Some of our best years we were a mere 3-2 or worse. 

What really excites me though is the untapped potential. In each of the last two years, we have really seen this team take off in the second half of the season.

I still don’t think we have seen this team’s A-game. There is room for improvement.

22 hours ago, romad1 said:

There are plenty of free ways to watch the game, I've been doing that for years as an out of market fan (have never paid a dime to watch a Lions game) and I'm talking beyond watching at a bar or at a buddies house.

Edited by NYLion