The Gaza War

gehringer_2

8 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I'll remember this whenever there are right wing protests. 

I'm sure anyone who equivocates the black experience in America with the Jewish experience in America will.

5 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

My mother who is an old boomer who went to high school in the 60's, said all the hippies she went to school with that are in Facebook are all extreme MAGA now.

You can let her know some of us are holding out. :classic_wink:

• Like 4

And of course, there it is.... as predicted.  A long legend about who will be MAGA, and less than 10 minutes later, MB already admits he'll side with MAGA and attack the left with the right protests.   

2 minutes ago, pfife said:

I have no doubts in my mind that MB will attack the left when the right protests.    Except now he said  he will so he probably won't

I think most protests are dumb and have been critical of right wing protests like the freedom truckers and Unite the Right, Proud Boys etc. I just don't have different standards for left and right wing protests. 

1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

I think most protests are dumb and have been critical of right wing protests like the freedom truckers and Unite the Right, Proud Boys etc. I just don't have different standards for left and right wing protests. 

you already admitted you did

which of course explains why you're saying the opposite now

1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

???? The university? or an unauthorized hack? I guess either way the story doesn't play well for Columbia.

If the admin did it they were foolish not to announce in public that were doing it as a temporary measure to defuse things - who knows - maybe they did. Whole stories are seldom present in the twitsphere.

What is going on in this forum?  I try and take a step back (away from news/politics) a bit over the last few months and most of you are complaining about what's going on with young people on college campuses?  Just like that and Pfife is the only non-Trump loyalist.  The rest of you are just fine talking GOP talking points?  I thought we weren't allowed to criticize anything that could potentially make the left look bad to ensure Trump doesn't win?

🙂

• Haha 1

I was assured these domestic terrorists had college administrators by the balls.

1 big thing: College protest crackdown

Illustration of a fist pushing over the columns of a university building to the right

Illustration: Sarah Grillo/Axios

Colleges are cracking down on pro-Palestinian protests that administrators say are getting increasingly disruptive, Axios' April Rubin writes.

• Why it matters: It's a stark pivot from just a few years ago, when colleges bolstered diversity, equity and inclusion programs and course offerings in the wake of Black Lives Matter protests.

🔎 Zoom in: Tensions at Columbia bubbled over after university president Minouche Shafik last week called in the NYPD to disband a pro-Palestinian encampment at the center of campus.

• The University of Michigan said it will draft a new policy on punishable disruptive behavior following a pro-Palestinian protest at its convocation.
  • The University of Southern California canceled its valedictorian's commencement speech, citing safety concerns that the student called a "campaign of racist hatred."
  • Stanford banned overnight camping in February to end an encampment populated by dueling pro-Palestinian and pro-Israeli tents, citing student safety, extreme weather and rodents.

1713777608598.png

Today's N.Y. Post cover

🎓 In response to pro-Palestinian protests at Columbia over the weekend, President Biden said as part of a Passover statement yesterday: "Even in recent days, we've seen harassment and calls for violence against Jews."

• "This blatant Antisemitism is reprehensible and dangerous — and it has absolutely no place on college campuses, or anywhere in our country."

🏢 The new toughness extends to the workplace. Today's Wall Street Journal front page: "Bosses are losing patience with staff eager to be the conscience of their companies."

• "The moves are a correction to the last several years, when corporate leaders often brooked dissent and encouraged staff to voice their personal convictions." (Gift link)

Go deeper: Pro-Palestinian demonstrations at Columbia are drawing backlash from members of Congress and the White House.

Imagine going onto a message board and criticizing others for being passionate about " A foreign war that doesn't even involve US troops" when your passion is a posting countless message board posts about a bunch of college students who are passionate about a foreign war that doesn't even involve US troops"

also isolationism is MAGA.... add it to the list