The Gaza War

gehringer_2

I was confronting the very antisemetic act of pretending to be against antisemtism only to the point where you have to do something about it in the real world.  

Edited by pfife

Hey. 
The both of you are making any kind of actual discourse in this thread impossible right now.  There’s more than 3pages of this bickering.

I can’t be the only member here who find this off-putting.

How about you both take a step back for an hour or two, and perhaps allow others who might like to make a post …. Without it disappearing into this morass of pettiness.

Thank you.

• Thanks 7

Posted (edited)

Mike Johnson looking for a winning issue for the the House GOP and to build a little more national profile for himself.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/04/24/mike-johnson-house-speaker-columbia-student-gaza-protests/

House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) has called on Columbia University’s president to resign for failing to quickly dismantle pro-Palestinian encampments on campus grounds amid Israel’s war against Hamas and its mounting civilian casualties......
...Johnson’s remarks came before he is set to meet with Jewish students at Columbia University and share a meal with the university’s Rabbi Yuda Drizin before holding a news conference with three New York House Republicans and House Education and the Workforce Chair Virginia Foxx (R-N.C.). The GOP lawmakers intend to call on University President Nemat “Minouche” Shafik to resign.

Edited by gehringer_2

Pro-Palestinian protest at the University of Texas reported by multiple local media outlets as being peaceful. No reports of any threats to life, limb, or even property. No pictures of protesters being violent. No reports of protesters calling for killing Jews. Just a large group of people standing in a public area of the campus and chanting. Yet, multiple arrests of protesters. Plenty of pictures of police in riot gear and on horseback bullying protesters and dragging them into paddy wagon. All courtesy of our good friend Governor Greg Abbott.

So this is always where this was really going: the suppression of inconvenient political dissent.

Party like it’s 1968.

• Thanks 1

My understanding is Gavin McInnes has an alter ego that he uses to generate content where he basically goes and makes fun of liberals/progressives/whatever, like the Good Liars basically, except in the other direction politically.  He's not there in solidarity.    

I’m sure I’ll be dismissed by some here as an antisemite now for posting what I just did and for saying this, but I promise you, just as with the student protests in the 60s and early 70s, there’s going to be a turning point when the majority of white people will turn against the blunt force of police power to suppress dissent, because that’s what it’s going to take to finally rein it in. It won’t happen today and it won’t happen tomorrow, but it will happen at some point, because state power always escalates until it goes too far, and it will go too far, because that’s what it’s practically designed to do, and it will be too much for even the white middle and upper classes the system is designed to protect and serve.

7 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Yeah you see what happens when these Hamasholes take their protest to a red state. Their priorities are a war a thousand miles away that doesn't involve the US or a genocide. 

Your definition of Hamashole appears to be anyone who doesn't agree with your positions of "Israel right or wrong" and "Bomb 'em all and let God sort 'em out". I guess by process of elimination that makes me a Hamashole, too, and to the degree that's true, I guess I'll have no choice but to cop to that.

Criticizing people for having the temerity of being concerned about things that exist beyond their fingertips is pretty on brand here.