The Gaza War

gehringer_2

not sure this is accessable to all, but this is great article, explaining how GOP exploits the stupidity of the progressive left.

they are not useful idiots - they are VERY useful idiots

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/anti-israel-encampments-protest-palestine-republicans-trump-israel-anti-semitism.html

Not every protester joining the encampments shares this goal, of course. But it is the goal of the people directing the protests. That is why their slogans and chants call for elimination rather than coexistence. It was instructive when left-wing Israel critic Norman Finkelstein pleaded with protesters at Columbia to change their slogan to “From the river to the sea, Palestinians” — rather than “Palestine” — “will be free,” only for protesters to mock him by immediately repeating the original chant.

6 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

not sure this is accessable to all, but this is great article, explaining how GOP exploits the stupidity of the progressive left.

they are not useful idiots - they are VERY useful idiots

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/anti-israel-encampments-protest-palestine-republicans-trump-israel-anti-semitism.html

Not every protester joining the encampments shares this goal, of course. But it is the goal of the people directing the protests. That is why their slogans and chants call for elimination rather than coexistence. It was instructive when left-wing Israel critic Norman Finkelstein pleaded with protesters at Columbia to change their slogan to “From the river to the sea, Palestinians” — rather than “Palestine” — “will be free,” only for protesters to mock him by immediately repeating the original chant.

I’ve been saying for a while that most of the squad, especially Tlaib, are useful idiots. 

Now I remember why I hated my peers in the early 90s.  They were once protesting “globalism” and Starbucks wisely handed out free coffee so there they are on the front page of the student’s right wing paper blasting global corporations while holding a cup with the corporate logo.  You can’t make it up.  

they will get the country they deserve. 

22 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Ha. The part at the end where she’s like “no we don’t want them to feed us but we don’t want them to violently stop food from coming in”.  

Asked if that’s happening she says “we are looking for a commitment that they won’t stop it”.

“but they haven’t stopped it?”

”well I don’t know to what extent it’s been attempted”

Don’t tell me Ivy Leaguers are smart. This one is dumb. 

What is going on to make this the flashpoint issue to garner this level of protest on American college campuses?

I understand there are humanitarian concerns but why is this cause the one that has incited the far left?  They are protesting at levels that we didn’t come close to seeing on campus for more pressing issues for liberal Americans.  Where was this support for Ukraine against Putin? Where was this support to defend Roe? Where is this type of protest against guns and school shootings?   I’m boggled at the reason that’s causing American students to pick a known terror organization in Hamas to be the issue they have chosen to hang their hat at this level.  It just doesn’t make much sense.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

What is going on to make this the flashpoint issue to garner this level of protest on American college campuses?

I understand there are humanitarian concerns but why is this cause the one that has incited the far left?  They are protesting at levels that we didn’t come close to seeing on campus for more pressing issues for liberal Americans.  Where was this support for Ukraine against Putin? Where was this support to defend Roe? Where is this type of protest against guns and school shootings?   I’m boggled at the reason that’s causing American students to pick a known terror organization in Hamas to be the issue they have chosen to hang their hat at this level.  It just doesn’t make much sense.  

It's an election year and these kids or being influenced by disinformation from the likes of Russia and Iran. It's also no coincidence these protests escalated at a Manhattan university the moment Trump's Manhattan trial started. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

It's an election year and these kids or being influenced by disinformation from the likes of Russia and Iran. It's also no coincidence these protests escalated at a Manhattan university the moment Trump's Manhattan trial started. 

I’m not much of a conspiracy guy but this seems to be the only logical conclusion.   

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

And it strikes me that at his point, they have crossed over into sabotaging whatever legitimate cause they may have had. This protest movement has moved so far over the top that it's made itself the issue and it strikes me that any/all legitimate criticism of Likud settlement policy and Netanyahu's conduct of the war have being pushed completely out of public consciousness, the exact opposite of what worthwhile protest is supposed to achieve. 

And I don't think these people understand how civil disobedience works as a protest tool. Civil disobedience worked in the US Civil Rights movement and for Gandhi in India because unjust law was preventing discriminated against groups from doing things they should have been able to do, thus in doing those things they broke the law, and forced morally corrupt prosecution. Or even in Vietnam protests where kids forced the system to arrest them to induct them into the Army.

Privileged kids just breaking trespass  law and destroying university (public) property nets them liability for prosecutions that are just, completely appropriate and will be/are widely supported by the public. 

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

The following was clipped from a current piece in the Carolina Journal. Russia nor Iran has anything to do with this national fiasco happening on campuses. The very schools dealing with these protests are realizing the fruit of their own labor.

Carolina Journal piece below:

“For years, anti-Israel faculty have indoctrinated students to vilify Israel and dehumanize Jews. This is outright antisemitism. When Hamas attacked Israel in 2021, 110 UNC faculty and 75 Duke faculty signed a letter siding with Hamas. Language has been changed so that the word “terrorism” is now “resistance” and thus justified, as long as Jews are the target.  Students are taught that a country called “Palestine” exists, when it does not; that there is an occupation, where there is none; and more. 

Jewish history is erased and delegitimized. When Jewish leaders and community members repeatedly voiced their concerns to both the University of North Carolina and Duke University, the administrations shrugged. 

Activism has now become part of the curriculum in our state, even in K-12 schools. In the Chapel Hill-Carrboro school district for example, the strategic plan includes social justice action, which is not clearly defined. It’s no surprise then that students coming to campus expect to participate in social action, whatever the cause. Since so many faculty, including the UNC Faculty for Justice in Palestine, push the anti-Israel agenda, students fall in line and advocate for something they don’t understand.  “

Edited by 1776

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

I’m not much of a conspiracy guy but this seems to be the only logical conclusion.   

With the bill against the Chinese ownership of Tik-Tok, the funding for Ukraine, and the Trump prosecutions, events are certainly driving Russian and Chinese disinformation and dark money efforts to meddle to whatever highest gear they have. You don't have to be a conspiratorialist to understand that has been  SOP in Xi's and Putin's playbooks for years now. Various prosecutions and a lot of journalism have put this all reliably into the public record. Putin doesn't even bother to deny it. How much effect they have is always debatable, and they try to slipstream their support into strengthening indigenous movements that they find useful, but they're in there trying with background money and support.

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

With the bill against the Chinese ownership of Tik-Tok, the funding for Ukraine, and the Trump prosecutions, events are certainly driving Russian and Chinese disinformation and dark money efforts to meddle to whatever highest gear they have. You don't have to be a conspiratorialist to understand that has been  SOP in Xi's and Putin's playbooks for years now. Various prosecutions and a lot of journalism have put this all reliably into the public record. Putin doesn't even bother to deny it. How much effect they have is always debatable, and they try to slipstream their support into strengthening indigenous movements that they find useful, but they're in there trying with background money and support.

This happened in 2020. Some right wing agitators influenced by foreign adversaries infiltrated the George Floyd protests and created riots in cities across the country. 

7 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

This happened in 2020. Some right wing agitators influenced by foreign adversaries infiltrated the George Floyd protests and created riots in cities across the country. 

Yes - Minneapolis for sure.