Week Eight: Las Vegas Raiders (3-4) @ Detroit Lions (5-2)

MichiganCardinal

2 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I don't think it was a poorly played game at all, maybe a few mistakes but they moved the ball at will and only gave up 1 sustained drive on defense. I mean they gained 500 yards and gave up less than 150, I have no idea how you can call that a poorly played game. 

Hyperbole

4 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I don't think it was a poorly played game at all, maybe a few mistakes but they moved the ball at will and only gave up 1 sustained drive on defense. I mean they gained 500 yards and gave up less than 150, I have no idea how you can call that a poorly played game. 

But ya gotta finish...............they did in the end, but it really should have been about a 48-10 game tonight.    You can get away with that against the Raiders, but not too many others and certainly not a playoff team.  

12 minutes ago, TP_Fan said:

Jesus Christ.  Offense can’t punch it in again and then the minor league kicker misses the chip shot.  Lions doing every last thing to allow the raiders to hang around. Can’t believe how inept the offense has been inside the red zone. This game should not be close. Lions have a real chance to lose this game. 

We should petition the league to count it as a loss. Apparently, that would make you happy?

I also think some of the mistakes were pretty flukey, the Goff pick 6 was just a rare mental error by him where it appeared he just wanted to throw it away but inexplicably tossed it too softly, then the Craig Reynolds "fumble" where he gets the ball stripped out when he is lying down with a bunch of guys around him then the holding call by a third string O lineman that took a way a walk in TD.  If all 3 or even 2 of the 3 don't happen and we're looking at a 4 to 5 TD victory where we out gain the opponent 3 to 1. 

1 hour ago, Jason_R said:

A fumble inside the five. A 70+ yard pick six. These two plays arguably represented a 21 point swing. Score TDs on both drives and don’t give up seven, and you have a 40-7 game. 

That wasn't a fumble though. Didn't like the playcall however.

At the end of the day a win is a win. This sure felt like one that should have been 42-10 or so though. I sure would like to see what this team could really do. What’s our A-game? What does mistake free football look like from this squad? I think we saw a glimpse against the Packers, I want more of THAT.

You can get away with doing turning the ball over three times against the Raiders. You can’t against the Seahawks, Cowboys, Niners, or Eagles.

Ben Johnson isn’t one to get scorn from me often. I think he’s doing a good job in the position of professional scapegoat. Some of those calls were puzzling though. I’m not sure why we are getting cute against the Raiders on 2nd and 1 in the red zone when they can’t stop the run up the middle. We don’t need to empty the play book here, just make them stop you.

Lets get healthy and get ready for LA.

5 hours ago, NYLion said:

That wasn't a fumble though. Didn't like the playcall however.

You can post in protest, but the refs called it a fumble and the Lions lost the ball. And yes, I know most of this board wants to pass on every down and every bad thing that happens is from running, except Goff throwing a pick or taking a sack, both of which could be avoided if they just pick Mahomes in the next draft. 

8 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

A little sloppy...

But not poorly played.

Yeah, I'd agree with that terminology... They settled for WAY too many FG attempts instead of punching it in for a TD. They could have played a better, cleaner game. But injuries were stacking up a bit on them and they still dominated the stats line so it was a solid performance, just not a great one. 

I think the defense deserves an A grade... they only gave up one TD after all. The offense gets a B-.