Week Ten: Detroit Lions (6-2) @ Los Angeles Chargers (4-4)

MichiganCardinal

9 hours ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Such a baller! I hope they give this guy an extension now. I spent years trying to run Stat Pad . . . Excuse me, Matt Stafford out of town, sometimes with justification and sometimes with an abundance of anger and hyperbole. I'm not going to make that mistake again. I hope Jarred Goff is our QB here for the long term because this dude is good, real good!

22 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Such a baller! I hope they give this guy an extension now. I spent years trying to run Stat Pad . . . Excuse me, Matt Stafford out of town, sometimes with justification and sometimes with an abundance of anger and hyperbole. I'm not going to make that mistake again. I hope Jarred Goff is our QB here for the long term because this dude is good, real good!

Jared Goff's ascension is a case study in the difference good leadership can make.  Under McVay, the Boy Wonder, he flailed around - looked like deer in the headlights - terrified to make a mistake, which makes you terrified to make a decision.

Under Campbell, he has been allowed to grow - he has been COACHED - & given the keys to the offense.  Trusted.  & it shows.

5 hours ago, djhutch said:

Jared Goff's ascension is a case study in the difference good leadership can make.  Under McVay, the Boy Wonder, he flailed around - looked like deer in the headlights - terrified to make a mistake, which makes you terrified to make a decision.

Under Campbell, he has been allowed to grow - he has been COACHED - & given the keys to the offense.  Trusted.  & it shows.

I wouldn't argue he benefits from the DC regime being more player supportive, but don't undersell the OL. If you look at the time this OL gives him, any QB would be in hog heaven in Det right now. 

• Like 1

On 11/16/2023 at 7:25 PM, gehringer_2 said:

I wouldn't argue he benefits from the DC regime being more player supportive, but don't undersell the OL. If you look at the time this OL gives him, any QB would be in hog heaven in Det right now. 

True, & their being healthy certainly helps - plus Sewell himself is a big difference from Goff's first season here, when he was deer in the headlights.