Week Ten: Detroit Lions (6-2) @ Los Angeles Chargers (4-4)

MichiganCardinal

2 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

How do we feel about Jaymo today? Two targets, two catches, 18 yards, with one ten yard TD reception nullified by an illegal block where a block didn't actually occur, and a massive block that took out two defenders on Montgomery's TD run. I'd say he had a decent day. 

He looked fine but we didn't trade up and use a top 10ish overall pick on a guy for him to just make a couple short catches a game and be a good downfield blocker.  

25 minutes ago, buddha said:

imagine being tp and having to keep up this schtick that ben johnson isnt a great offensive play caller?

it's a helluva commitment.

Pretty easy to be realistic and point out your team is a bottom 5 red zone offense. That’s where the bread is buttered come playoff time  

5 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

How do we feel about Jaymo today? Two targets, two catches, 18 yards, with one ten yard TD reception nullified by an illegal block where a block didn't actually occur, and a massive block that took out two defenders on Montgomery's TD run. I'd say he had a decent day. 

Not for the 12th overall pick in the draft. He should be at least as good as Jordan Addison on the field

8 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

i feel like he should be more productive than josh reynolds and he's not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

With Minny starting to roll I wonder if one or both of our games against them will be flexed to prime time? I guess since we are on Prime Time against Dallas in between them they likely wouldn't do both cause that would mean 3 straight night games but I wouldn't be surprised if 1 of them were. 

Week 16 and 17 are set. They are christmas week no flex there and they are on prime time already against dallas.

Last week is possible, but there is also bills dolphins (could be for division and in warm weather) or saints Falcons again, division in a dome.

24 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

Underwhelmed as always. A great block and a catch or two doesn't change that for me.

We drafted Jaymo to be our Tee Higgins, not John Ross. We're getting past the point of them just slowly working him into the offense and easing him into a role. He was drafted to take the top off the defense and be a big play, downfield receiver. He's a threat to no one right now and commands no extra attention. He doesn't appear to be a great route runner and has average hands, at best. He looks more like John Ross than Tee Higgins, a guy with speed and little else.

2 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Underwhelmed as always. A great block and a catch or two doesn't change that for me.

We drafted Jaymo to be our Tee Higgins, not John Ross. We're getting past the point of them just slowly working him into the offense and easing him into a role. He was drafted to take the top off the defense and be a big play, downfield receiver. He's a threat to no one right now and commands no extra attention. He doesn't appear to be a great route runner and has average hands, at best. He looks more like John Ross than Tee Higgins, a guy with speed and little else.

At the other end of the spectrum, it was pretty cool to see Goff trust LaPorta on that ballsy 4th down play at the end, putting the game in the hands of his rookie tight end

• Like 1

Just now, TP_Fan said:

Against the chargers. And they gave up 5 TDs on their last 5 possessions. You act like there are no concerns. It’s why we lost by 30 to the ravens. 

you act like a team with one of the best offenses in football has a terrible offensive coordinator.

youre being really silly about this.

1 minute ago, buddha said:

you act like a team with one of the best offenses in football has a terrible offensive coordinator.

youre being really silly about this.

No. I’m being realistic.  Outside of the red zone we have the best OC in football. Inside the red zone we have a bottom 5 OC. The stats bear that out, you won’t win a playoff game that way.  It’s probably more glaring due to the fact that our defense, regardless of talent infusion, has been one of the worst against the pass since Glenn arrived and this year is at the bottom in red zone defense.  

26 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Jaymo had a great game.  Stop being so negative. 

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I don't think there is any real reason to think 13-4 is not out of the question.   The Dallas game will be tough, and the Vikings will be tough, but they can win all their games now.   Just can't let up at all..........Destroy the Bears. 

12 or 13 wins would be amazing. Not many people predicted that many wins. I really thought a loss at L.A., in Dallas and split in Minnesota. This team continues to surpass my expectations.

2 minutes ago, number20 said:

I'm still holding out hope for Jamo. He made some solid contributions today. Just not enough to justify what he cost the team in draft capital. Somehow the bar for him has gotten real low

i still have hope for him too.  but to say he did well today is, like you say, a very very low bar.

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I don't think there is any real reason to think 13-4 is not out of the question.   The Dallas game will be tough, and the Vikings will be tough, but they can win all their games now.   Just can't let up at all..........Destroy the Bears. 

As long as they don't have a letdown trap game against one of these upcoming sh*t teams

6 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Last year they were 4th in Red Zone offense under the same coordinator cause the fact is that stat is completely volatile and really not predictive of anything. If you can coach an offense outside the 20 you can coach an offense inside of it. 

that's why tp said all last year how awesome ben johnson was...right?

5 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Last year they were 4th in Red Zone offense under the same coordinator cause the fact is that stat is completely volatile and really not predictive of anything. If you can coach an offense outside the 20 you can coach an offense inside of it. 

Now we are saying that play calling inside the 20 is random and a monkey could do it?  It’s a predictive state.  Teams that do poorly in the red zone tend to lose. The lions are an anomaly.

Why is it with lions fan being incapable of admitting that the red zone play calling could be better.