Week Ten: Detroit Lions (6-2) @ Los Angeles Chargers (4-4)

MichiganCardinal

49 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

LA is the second best team we will play all season. CJGJ and Houston will be back for playoffs and maybe even for the Dallas game. Philly faces a murderer’s row. Just win baby, take the number one seed and go for it on every fourth down in the playoffs. 

Against a playoff defense, those 4th downs won't be as easy.

50 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

LA is the second best team we will play all season. CJGJ and Houston will be back for playoffs and maybe even for the Dallas game. Philly faces a murderer’s row. Just win baby, take the number one seed and go for it on every fourth down in the playoffs. 

Minnesota twice in 3 weeks broken up in Dallas. Tough stretch. Good tuneup for the playoffs.

6 minutes ago, NYLion said:

I do remember 6-2 when Big Bad Shaun Rogers returned the INT for a TD against Denver. Then I also remembered when, I believe, they went 1-7 the rest of the way.

I remember being 6-2 in 99 after beating Warner and the Rams were then 6-1 and the story of the NFL. We then proceeded to go either 2-6 in the 2nd half of the season and lost in the WC round to Washington. 

With Minny starting to roll I wonder if one or both of our games against them will be flexed to prime time? I guess since we are on Prime Time against Dallas in between them they likely wouldn't do both cause that would mean 3 straight night games but I wouldn't be surprised if 1 of them were. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

53 minutes ago, TP_Fan said:

7-2. What a game.  Heck of a win. The defense is a major problem. That was horrific.   Someone needs to be fired over that disaster.  

The Lions would be on their 10th offensive coordinator, 8th defensive coordinator, and 5th head coach if they listened to you. Relax. Enjoy it. We'll probably lose 4 to 6 games this season. But not this one. 😁

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

With Minny starting to roll I wonder if one or both of our games against them will be flexed to prime time? I guess since we are on Prime Time against Dallas in between them they likely wouldn't do both cause that would mean 3 straight night games but I wouldn't be surprised if 1 of them were. 

Last game of the year, Viking at Detroit, is still listed as TBD date and time on nfl.com.

27 minutes ago, NYLion said:

He's a top 5 receiver in the league when you take into account his overall play as a blocker also and his uncanny ability to come up with the big catch so often and the dawg mentality. He might not get you the 70 yard TD in the air like a Hill, Diggs or Chase which is why those guys are the elite of the elite but I don't know who in that 2nd tier I'd take over him.

Runs great routes, has speed and is very elusive. Oh, and has great hands. He's up their in the top tier on NFL receivers. He kind of reminds me of Golden Tate.

With Texas AM firing Jimbo Fisher today I'm already seeing a bunch of stuff about them going after Dan Campbell. He is an alum so in that regard it makes sense but would be unusual going from the NFL to College without essentially being forced out of your NFL position like Harbaugh basically was in SF. 

2 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

With Texas AM firing Jimbo Fisher today I'm already seeing a bunch of stuff about them going after Dan Campbell. He is an alum so in that regard it makes sense but would be unusual going from the NFL to College without essentially being forced out of your NFL position like Harbaugh basically was in SF. 

There is zero chance he leaves. I doubt he even answers the call.

34 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Not only that, but Campbell really seemed to want the job in Detroit (for some odd reason).  I don't see him wanted to leave.

55 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

The Lions would be on their 10th offensive coordinator, 8th defensive coordinator, and 5th head coach if they listened to you. Relax. Enjoy it. We'll probably lose 4 to 6 games this season. But not this one. 😁

I don't think there is any real reason to think 13-4 is not out of the question.   The Dallas game will be tough, and the Vikings will be tough, but they can win all their games now.   Just can't let up at all..........Destroy the Bears. 

I think right now the over/under for total wins should be 12.5. Assuming they don't suffer any horrific injury(s) namely to Goff I would be satisfied and not overly surprised with 13-4, would be elated and pretty surprised at 14-3 and would be over the moon and extremely surprised if they ran the table.

On the flip side Id consider 12 wins to basically be "Par" for me, wouldn't be satisfied or necessarily unsatisfied just kinda meh, 11 would be a bit disappointing, 10 really disappointing and anything under would be a complete collapse. 

Edited by RandyMarsh