Week Fifteen: Denver Broncos (7-6) @ Detroit Lions (9-4)

MichiganCardinal

2 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

There was a little swing pass to Gibbs last week that was a sure TD but Goff didn't have time to get a pass to him that was catchable. It was a wide open field for a TD. The Lions never went back to it. The same with the jet sweep to Williams. They called it once for about 7 yards but for some reason, never went back to it. Just kept trying to force the ball to LaPorta and St. Brown. Goff seems to be pretty good at passing the ball into tight windows.

LMAO the ball hit Gibbs in the hands. It was a drop. 

• Thanks 1

Legit question is it worse to be a "game manager" for say 10 yrs or somebody like Cam who may have that special season or two where he does carry the team but in the other 8 or 9 he ends up costing the team cause he can't "manage a game" or are forced to miss games cause you try to do too much?

Btw not saying those guys are the cliched game manager just asking the question in the hypothetical sense.

Edited by RandyMarsh

3 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Legit question is it worse to be a "game manager" for say 10 yrs or somebody like Cam who may have that special season or two where he does carry the team but in the other 8 or 9 he ends up costing the team cause he can't "manage a game"?

Btw not saying those guys are the cliched game manager just asking the question in the hypothetical sense.

I mean, Goff game managed himself to as many Super Bowls as Cam and I know Goff wouldn't be afraid to dive on a loose football. 

Now that I'm (almost) over being pissed about a loss to the Bears, I do think this has the capacity to be a get-right game for the Lions. We matchup well against the Broncos, even the improved Broncos of the last two months or so.

We should be able to return to the bread and butter that made us so good late last year, ramming the ball down their throat and take advantage of their linebackers with the Goff-LaPorta and Goff-ASB connections over the middle. Their corners are good at stopping the deep ball and containing vertical receivers, but that's not typically a part of our arsenal anyway.

Meanwhile, we are basically the opposite on defense. Helpless to stop the deep ball, but very good at stopping the run and decent at stopping the short passing attack. That matches up well too, as Wilson is probably not going to be the guy who chucks it deep to beat Jacobs. I think Sutton will put up numbers in the intermediate passing game, but otherwise we will hold them in check.

Despite our frustrations of late, it's worth mentioning that we haven't lost back-to-back games since October of 2022. Continue to keep the turnovers in check (I only really count the fumble last game, the two picks were both effectively punts) and I like our chances.

Edited by MichiganCardinal

TJ Lang and John Jansen gave what I thought was a great breakdown of what went wrong for the Lions in the Bears game. TJ I thought had some interesting critiques of Ben Johnson and the play calling both in that game and throughout the season. He raises some interesting points and questions about Ben Johnson's use of both Jamo and Gibbs.

You’re gonna get a more reserved TP. The last 8 weeks has taken it out of me.  Really hoping for a win, I want them to be a winner so bad.

Feels like the malaise continues though, Sean Payton could feast on this lions defense.

I originally has 41-10 broncos. I’m going with 34-23 broncos instead.  Would love to be wrong.  

1 hour ago, TP_Fan said:

You’re gonna get a more reserved TP. The last 8 weeks has taken it out of me.  Really hoping for a win, I want them to be a winner so bad.

Feels like the malaise continues though, Sean Payton could feast on this lions defense.

I originally has 41-10 broncos. I’m going with 34-23 broncos instead.  Would love to be wrong.  

I'll take the under. Lions hope to control the clock with their run game. But, if they win the coin flip? Take the freakin' ball!!

46 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Broncos 35

Lions 33

Patterson missed FG at the end loses a crazy see-saw game.  Gibbs goes wild and fills the stat sheet and scores twice.  

Nobody said it was going to be easy but Lions still win division and make playoffs.   

Lions 24. Broncos 10. Detroit runs wild on the Broncos worst in the league run defense and controls the time of possession. They shorten up the game by running the ball and controlling the clock.