NFC Divisional Round: Tampa Bay Buccaneers (10-8) @ Detroit Lions (13-5)

You know the second he walked into that locker room as Defensive Coordinator Slay probably told his teammates what a prick he is.      But when Belichick goes to Dallas he'll take Matty Patty with him and Matty will ride those coattails and act like anything good was because of him.

My hatred for Matt Patricia scares me a little bit.     There are only a few people I hate that much (Rick Pitino, Kyrie Irving, a certain politician).      The only reason he stays in football is that it saves millions of dollars in failed rocket technology, should he decide to do that for a living.    I think he poked himself in the brain with that goddanged pencil.  

10 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

You know the second he walked into that locker room as Defensive Coordinator Slay probably told his teammates what a prick he is.      But when Belichick goes to Dallas he'll take Matty Patty with him and Matty will ride those coattails and act like anything good was because of him.

My hatred for Matt Patricia scares me a little bit.     There are only a few people I hate that much (Rick Pitino, Kyrie Irving, a certain politician).      The only reason he stays in football is that it saves millions of dollars in failed rocket technology, should he decide to do that for a living.    I think he poked himself in the brain with that goddanged pencil.  

I usually don't hate ex-Lions coaches that never win in Detroit. But Patricia is different. Not only didn't he win, he ran off any talented players we had. Our secondary problems can be directly tied back to him. Losing AND running players off? Inexcusable. I wish nothing but failure for that fat ****.

45 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

They never recovered from losing CJGJ. It was evident early that they missed him, but they won some close games. 

SF broke them and Sirianni inexplicably decided Matty P was the guy to help him right the ship. I’m sure we will start to hear how Sirianni lost the defensive side of the locker room after that. 

I don't agree. They beat Miami, Dallas, Kansas City and Buffalo. All in a row. Then the bottom fell out...

1 hour ago, Sports_Freak said:

I don't agree. They beat Miami, Dallas, Kansas City and Buffalo. All in a row. Then the bottom fell out...

They were all close games with the exception of Miami. They also let NE score 20, Washington score 31 (twice), and lost to the Jets. From early in the season people were commenting that Philly had lost a step from last season. 

Also, Philly finished 2022 1st in passing YPG allowed. In 2023 they finished 31st. 

1 hour ago, Sports_Freak said:

I usually don't hate ex-Lions coaches that never win in Detroit. But Patricia is different. Not only didn't he win, he ran off any talented players we had. Our secondary problems can be directly tied back to him. Losing AND running players off? Inexcusable. I wish nothing but failure for that fat ****.

Plus he was unjustifiably arrogant, like most New England assistants.   They all pretty much sucked and were arrogant. 

34 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

So the Lions are going to host two playoff games this year. The Lions had only hosted two playoff games total since 1957 prior to this year, both at the Silverdome. 

Hell they might host three. If Love plays how he did against Dallas that Packers team is going to be very difficult to beat.